21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: Main Kickstart Forum: hepatomegaly
Created on: 03/13/13 09:42 AM Views: 684 Replies: 2
hepatomegaly
Posted Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 9:42 AM

The endocrinologist insists that I eat meat as a protein source. This can't be right. Are there any menu plans for this?
Must be
Low protein
Low sodium
Cheers,
Jane

RE: hepatomegaly
Posted Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Sorry to hear about your medical woes.

Sound like your liver is working overtime cleaning out toxins. Eating meat might be the source of those toxins with all the Bt corn they feed our livestock. Another source of toxins in the genetically modified foods, (Canola oil, corn and anything made with it, soybeans, safflower oil, zuchinni, papaya from hawaii and they keep trying to introduce more and more into our food system.

If you doctor is saying eat meat as a protien source then I'm here to tell you that you don't have to eat meat or dairy to get enough protein.

There is a menu plan and it's mostly yummy!!

Hope this helps.

RE: hepatomegaly
Posted Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 10:22 AM

I would think that just cutting back on beans/legumes would be the only difference between the kickstart and what you're looking for. Low sodium is pretty easy when you are eating real, whole, minimally processed foods because you are the one controlling the sodium, not the food processors. Nuts are already a 'go easy' item because of the fat content so they don't play a big role in the kickstart. I suppose you'd need to clarify with your dr what constitutes 'low' protein (how many mg per meal or per day) and then tweak your eating as needed - halve the beans in a chili recipe for instance.

--DebR

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 502 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org