21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: April 2012 Kickstart Forum: Weight Loss Journey
Created on: 03/30/12 08:00 PM Views: 1408 Replies: 6
Weight Loss Journey
Posted Friday, March 30, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Since participating in the January 2012 Kickstart, I have lost 20 pounds! I am committed to losing another 30 this year. The plant based diet is not something
I ever thought would work from me - now I don't see living without it! I am looking forward to the April Kickstart, and plan to try lots of new foods and recipes!

--Sandy

RE: Weight Loss Journey
Posted Friday, March 30, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Congratulations! The benefits are many and weight loss, for you, is one of them.

I am glad it has become a favorable way of life and the anticipation of a new KickStart is a good one!

Best wishes!

Always offer kindness and a soft word to the beings around you; You do not know their journey. Your words can be the hug they need or the shove that breaks them.

Posted Saturday, March 31, 2012 at 9:57 PM

dougsandyl wrote:

Since participating in the January 2012 Kickstart, I have lost 20 pounds! I am committed to losing another 30 this year. The plant based diet is not something
I ever thought would work from me - now I don't see living without it! I am looking forward to the April Kickstart, and plan to try lots of new foods and recipes!

A weight loss of 20lbs that's fabulous? I'm a newbie so wondering did you follow the 21 day kickstart beyond the three weeks and switch to a total vegan lifestyle?

Posted Saturday, March 31, 2012 at 9:57 PM

dougsandyl wrote:

A weight loss of 20lbs that's fabulous? I'm a newbie so wondering did you follow the 21 day kickstart beyond the three weeks and switch to a total vegan lifestyle?

Posted Saturday, March 31, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Yes, I have been living a plant based diet since January - and I am so happy with the results! Not just the weight loss, but I feel better overall. Do I have some challenging times? Absolutely! But I stay focused on the prize - good health!

--Sandy

Posted Monday, April 2, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Sandy - did you eat the recipes they gave us, or do your own thing when you lost the 20 lbs?

Posted Monday, April 2, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Both, actually. I am big on routine - I have 3 - 5 staple recipes for each meal. For example, breakfast is oatmeal with fruit and nuts, or banana and peanut butter, or soy yogurt. Lunch is soup and whole wheat crackers, or a veggie & bean wrap, or a fresh salad with beans. Dinner is pasta & marinara with mushrooms, or sauteed veges and long grain brown rice, or a fresh salad with beans. Other staples are fat free refried beans and corn tortillas, popcorn and fruit. I also love pizza but now order a lite whole wheat crust, sauce and extra veggies - minus the cheese. I got over the weirdness of ordering pizza minus cheese once I tasted how good it was! Some of the new foods I have tried - kale and tofu - I now have them on hand and add to dishes as I can.

--Sandy

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 522 active user sessions right now.
Registered Users Online: Iamzen

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org