21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: September 2012 Kickstart Forum: Creamy Chipotle Dressing Recipe in 21-Day KS Book
Created on: 10/15/12 04:43 PM Views: 948 Replies: 4
Creamy Chipotle Dressing Recipe in 21-Day KS Book
Posted Monday, October 15, 2012 at 4:43 PM

I have a question about the Creamy Chipotle Dressing Recipe in the KickStart book. The recipe calls for 1 cup of Nayonaise at 3.5 grams of fat per tablespoon however, the serving nutrition info lists 0.5 grams of total fat per serving. The recipe also states this is enough for 2 large salads so.. my question is what is the recommended serving size for this recipe?

Creamy Chipotle Dressing Recipe in 21-Day KS Book
Posted Friday, October 19, 2012 at 1:34 PM

This is one of my favorite dressings. There is a fat-free nayonaise, but I have never tried it. I used silken lite tofu instead. For the chipoltes, I simmer some dried ones, then puree them and freeze in an ice cube tray. To make my version of the dressing, I use 1/2 cube chipolte, 1/2 c tofu, 1/2 c salsa, some water, about 1-2 tsp balsamic vinegar, and a few shakes of cumin. I am the only one in the house who will eat it (no one else will try it - either afraid of heat, tofu, or something that doesn't come in a bottle. I think that the vinegar helps it to keep a little longer.
As far as the serving size goes, I noticed that many of the serving sizes seem huge, or they just don't compute with the quantity the recipe makes.
I think I need to make some now. I love it over lettuce with a black bean burger crumbled on top.

RE: Creamy Chipotle Dressing Recipe
Posted Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 1:32 PM

It certainly is tasty and your version of the recipe sounds good.

Sorry for the multiple posts.

Edited 10/22/12 9:15 AM

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 698 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org