21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: January 2012 Kickstart Forum: My continued achievements and successes from Kicks
Created on: 02/11/12 03:39 AM Views: 1258 Replies: 4
My continued achievements and successes from Kicks
Posted Saturday, February 11, 2012 at 3:39 AM

My continued achievements and successes from Kickstart India to Kickstart 2012.

Hello Theodore, (sorry I missed chatting with you on this Kickstart plan. )

I would also like to say congratulations to all those with their successes on Kickstart 2012.

I continued to achieve and succeed with the 2012 Kickstart plan with my overall health, although with a late start, was on my winter vacation & persevered… I carry my Kickstart plan information with me wherever I go.

Planning and making the best choices/decisions has been very beneficial & possible for me to stay on the design of this plant based plan each day whether at home or away.

Walking/Activity level: I continue to walk 5miles – 7 miles or more per day (more when vacationing) using my pedometer faithfully everyday to be accountable to myself.

Weight Loss: I lost another 5 lbs. this made me extremely happy as I wanted to lose 10 lbs with Kickstart India and I had lost 8.5lbs. In total I’ve lost 13.75 lbs between the two Kickstart plans. My BMI number is 22 at 130lbs as I was 23.2 on Kickstart India when it ended and this is good for me personally for energy and excellent glucose readings.

My glucose numbers: Continue to be at healthier levels.-4.3 – 5.7 mmol/L daily thanks to the Kickstart plans lifestyle changes I’m making and losing the extra weight.

My blood pressure: Fluctuates daily between 121/80 – 115/75, fantastic readings since prior to Kickstart India.

I’m still a work in progress as I continue with my transition from vegetarian to vegan.
I am proud of myself as have made a lot of personal overall healthy change as I learn & carry out the vegan lifestyle, as I mentioned before I started Kickstart India I was eating non-plant based food. I am making changes from a lifetime of eating habits & preferences as I continue to make more nutritional changes at working successfully toward being vegan.

Gratitude and thanks to everyone involved with Kickstart 2012, the PCRM – physicians & committee and their info, resources & their links, celebrities & their blogs, recipes to their sites, resources and the forum participants. I will be reading from the beginning of this forum & back to the present to read what I missed. gingerstyme

Posted Saturday, February 11, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Thumbs Up !

Keep up the good work, you're worth itExclamation

Vikki ~

Posted Saturday, February 11, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Excellent to hear from you, Gingerstyme. I really enjoyed chatting with you on the Indian Kickstart. The Chinese one should be good too. I'm guessing there won't be so many threads asking about the safety of soy and how to cook with tofu.

Congrats on your success with the plant-based diet. The walking is especially impressive. It actually reminds me of Ellen De Generes' story about her mother. Basically, her mother started walking 5 miles a day when she was 70 years old. Now she's 75 and no-one's got a clue where she is !!

Anyway, keep up the great work.

Speak to you soon.

Theodore

Wash your back

Edited 02/11/12 3:07 PM
My cont'd achievements and successes -Thanks Theo
Posted Sunday, February 12, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Thanks Theodore,
Theodore, thank you,I always appreciate your kind words & the chats.

I know I’ll always be ‘smiling’ when I see your name before I read what you may comment, address or critique. I loved your Ellen’s mom walking story… lol …I’ll remember to use that on my chatty adventurous walk abouts. The GPS is what gets me trying to find myself currently on my walk abouts lol

Yes, I’m proud I achieved continued successes with Kickstart 2012 for my overall health and my mindset to continue this journey is definitely focused on reaching my objective.

I have subscribed to Kickstart China. I am anticipating learning more & applying the info to enhance my vegan lifestyle with more nutritional diverse variation with the food & menus plans & from everyone involved with Kickstart China planning.

Keep up with your successes also, Theodore!
Healthy Kickstart Blessings, gingerstyme

Continuing to achieve & Succeed -Thanks Vikki
Posted Sunday, February 12, 2012 at 2:00 AM

I thank you Vikki for your positive & encouraging comments. One small step & one day at a time is how I’m adapting to the plant based nutritional lifestyle.

My wonderful changes in my overall health began with Kickstart –India and have continued throughout Kickstart 2012.

I printed out your Dr. Joel Fuhrman’s quote, ~ "The most important thing to remember about food labels is that you should avoid foods that have labels." ~ from Kickstart India and always read it when I’m food shopping; even in the health food stores I frequent. This has kept me focused many many times when making choices /decisions for what I purchase… thank you, Vikki

Continue on your pathway of progress that is working best for you, you do yourself proud.!

Looking forward to seeing you, Vikki,on Kickstart China.

Healthy Kickstart Blessings, gingerstyme

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 257 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org