21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

Forums: September 2012 Kickstart Forum: Welcome to the September Kickstart!
Created on: 08/28/12 11:58 AM Views: 6077 Replies: 52
Welcome to the September Kickstart!
Posted Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Hey everyone! Thanks for joining or rejoining the Kickstart! The September program will always be near and dear to my heart - our first ever Kickstart started in September 2009. It was an overwhelming success, thus our presence here on its 3rd anniversary! I've learned so much from former participants over the years, and I can't wait for more enlightenment this go around. Welcome (back) - I'm glad you found us!

Susan Levin, MS, RD
PCRM Director of Nutrition Education

RE: Welcome to the September Kickstart!
Posted Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Hi All,
I am glad to be back. My husband & i have been mostly vegan since Sept 2010. It has been one of the best life changing desicions we have ever made!
Cheers to the kickstart and the kickstart team!
Cynthia

Posted Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Cynthia! So nice to see your happy face again!

I have been vegetarian/vegan for 22 years now. Was off and on vegan, now on vegan for over 2 years solid. Of the 22 mostly it was vegan but seems like relationships always brought the dairy compromise.

Happy Anniversary PCRM!

Always offer kindness and a soft word to the beings around you; You do not know their journey. Your words can be the hug they need or the shove that breaks them.

Posted Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Great to be back!

madeline yakimchuk
Director: MEET IRENE - An Unlikely Vegan
GRYPHON media productions

Posted Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 12:27 PM

@oceandog.. one of my greatest joys was finding great pizza with no cheese!! yummm

Edited 08/28/12 12:58 PM
Posted Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Ah, there you are September forum - hello, nice to see you again

--Deb R

Posted Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Seems like it's been ages since the last one. I didn't realize September 2009 was the first one. It was MY first one but I didn't know it was THE first one. Means I've been on every one! Guess I'll keep the momentum rolling!

Vikki ~

Posted Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Well, this is my first time doing the Vegan Kickstart. I've been doing a vegetarian for the past 2 weeks for the first time in my life, using dairy and eggs! I think I am ready to take the challenge of the kickstart......

Posted Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 9:57 PM

cch22 wrote:

@oceandog.. one of my greatest joys was finding great pizza with no cheese!! yummm

Now to find on gluten free and I would be a happy girl. My goal this time around is just to got as fat free (Maximum style by McDougall) for the entire 21 days.

Always offer kindness and a soft word to the beings around you; You do not know their journey. Your words can be the hug they need or the shove that breaks them.

Posted Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Oceandog wrote:

cch22 wrote:

Now to find on gluten free and I would be a happy girl. My goal this time around is just to got as fat free (Maximum style by McDougall) for the entire 21 days.

I am McDougalling and I have found it the best, easiest and most satisfying way to stay vegan and healthy. I rarely find myself craving foods I don't want or need. I'm loving it!!

Vikki ~

Posted Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 11:10 PM

I'm also McDougalling. I've been vegetarian for a few years - vegan the last. I have never felt better.

Posted Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Wild4Stars wrote:

I am McDougalling and I have found it the best, easiest and most satisfying way to stay vegan and healthy. I rarely find myself craving foods I don't want or need. I'm loving it!!

If I could get this last weight off. It has been hanging about far too long. I lost 12 pounds last year McD'ing then I stopped with the care of my mom earlier this year. When she passed and a few days later my dog passed, I started eating fattier foods and gained a few pounds, not a lot but still.

Now I would like to remove the pounds I gained and KEEP GOING! I want to commit to the 21-days of no added fats or fatty foods!

Posted Wednesday, August 29, 2012 at 4:18 AM

A very Good Morning to all you Veggie/Vegan brothers and sisters out there, getting motivated and ready to start 21 day plan.... all the way from from sunny London

Im looking forwards to doing the 21 day kickstart with my husband of over 30 years. We've been vegetarian/vegan ever since we were students together at Uni over 25 years ago. We're also interested in the Nutritarian Raw plant- based ways of eating and usually do a mix of vegan and Raw food.

It's good to see vegan recipes and likeminded support with encouragement on this site.

Good Wishes on your journey

Posted Wednesday, August 29, 2012 at 4:18 AM

A very Good Morning to all you Veggie/Vegan brothers and sisters out there, getting motivated and ready to start 21 day plan.... all the way from from sunny London

Im looking forwards to doing the 21 day kickstart with my husband of over 30 years. We've been vegetarian/vegan ever since we were students together at Uni over 25 years ago. We're also interested in the Nutritarian Raw plant- based ways of eating and usually do a mix of vegan and Raw food.

It's good to see vegan recipes and likeminded support with encouragement on this site.

Posted Wednesday, August 29, 2012 at 4:23 AM

Posted Wednesday, August 29, 2012 at 9:40 AM

I apologize for the stupid question here but my brain is all fried because I just came back from a 14 hour plane trip a few days ago and jet lag has only hit me now Very Happy.

Can someone remind me when to expect to start getting emails for the Kickstart? I thought it was a week before the start, but I haven't received anything in my inbox. I thought I signed up to join the Kickstart but my brain is so fried that I can't remember whether I really did it or not or just intended to do it and never got to it.

Thanks!
Djuna

Posted Wednesday, August 29, 2012 at 10:18 AM

djunamod wrote:

I apologize for the stupid question here but my brain is all fried because I just came back from a 14 hour plane trip a few days ago and jet lag has only hit me now Very Happy.

Can someone remind me when to expect to start getting emails for the Kickstart? I thought it was a week before the start, but I haven't received anything in my inbox. I thought I signed up to join the Kickstart but my brain is so fried that I can't remember whether I really did it or not or just intended to do it and never got to it.

Thanks!
Djuna

I think they should begin going out today (Aug 29) but that may vary...

--Deb R

Posted Wednesday, August 29, 2012 at 3:36 PM

I am excited to join this community. I am hoping I will learn more about how to be successful. I tried it during the month of July and did not loose but a pound or so. I have no idea what I am reading wrong about following the plan. I hope these 21 days shed light on the story.

Posted Wednesday, August 29, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Determined wrote:

I am excited to join this community. I am hoping I will learn more about how to be successful. I tried it during the month of July and did not loose but a pound or so. I have no idea what I am reading wrong about following the plan. I hope these 21 days shed light on the story.

Remember that it took time for that weight to go on, it'll take time for it to go off. Not magic, just time and sticking to it. One of the hard parts is re-learning what it feels like when you're hungry AND when you're full. Since there's no portion requirement to the kickstart, it's easy to just keep eating - even when your body has had enough. One trick that helps me is to keep the pot/pan on the stove/counter and not on the table. It requires thought/effort to get up and get seconds rather than habitually grabbing it because it's there "and there's just a little bit left in the pot..."

--Deb R

Posted Wednesday, August 29, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Good to be back Smile

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1 2 3   Next Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 301 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org