21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: April 2012 Kickstart Forum: Acne and diet
Created on: 04/01/12 02:00 PM Views: 673 Replies: 2
Acne and diet
Posted Sunday, April 1, 2012 at 2:00 PM

So this is not the first time I've revamped my kitchen to attempt a new diet. It's not even the first time I've tried to be Vegan. And it's certainly not the first time I've had acne.

All that being said, I'm a 34 y/o female and every time I change my diet I get really BAD face and back acne. Has anyone else experienced this??? Any tips, ideas, etc.?

Nutrition: Makes a lot of sense, but not a lot of dollars!

RE: Acne and diet
Posted Sunday, April 1, 2012 at 4:48 PM

I haven't had that problem, but I do have rosacea and I get flare ups if I eat the wrong things.

We don't like to use chemicals in our home and since my mom is battling cancer we are extra careful. My sister found this site for a natural face cleanser. I know when you read the title, you will think I am nuts, but please scroll down to the area for acne.

http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/

Your body may just be trying to purge out impurities. Food does a number on our system, healthy or not, then if we top it off with chemicals (try reading the label on face cleansers) we are asking for trouble.

My best suggestion to you is to cleanse your face twice a day (do NOT dry it out) gently, rid yourself of processed foods, and allow the process. You may have a breat out, but if you stick to this routine, I believe you skin will glow and look better than ever. I have been eating this way a long time and I do get compliments on my skin and hair. Even recently from my dentist!

Best wishes,
Kym

Always offer kindness and a soft word to the beings around you; You do not know their journey. Your words can be the hug they need or the shove that breaks them.

RE: Acne and diet
Posted Thursday, April 5, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Thank you. It seems to be calming down now. I spoke with a friend who does facials and she seemed to think it was due to dietary changes, so I guess it's just a side effect of detoxing.

Nutrition: Makes a lot of sense, but not a lot of dollars!

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 187 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org