21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: April 2012 Kickstart Forum: NewMom-NewVegan
Created on: 04/02/12 10:44 AM Views: 621 Replies: 2
NewMom-NewVegan
Posted Monday, April 2, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Hi I'm a breastfeeding mom, trying to stay vegan. I have lost too much weight and my question is, are there any premade vegan food(s)/drinks etc that are very high calories. I'm looking for easy easy easy! I am a single mom finding it hard to cook and work etc.
Advice would be great!

RE: NewMom-NewVegan
Posted Monday, April 2, 2012 at 12:08 PM

I have trouble losing, so I will share with you what sabatoges my weight loss, as those items will help you gain or maintain.

Nuts
Nutbutters
Tofu
Olives
Avocado
Hummus

So for an example, during the day you could grab a handful of raw almonds, you could add avocado to salads, or to a sandwich instead of vegenaise, you could add tofu to smoothies, stirfry, or make them like scrambled eggs with tumeric for color put over tortillas with black beans, add salsa, cilantro and avocado.

You can use hummus in wraps and on sandwiches, you can have a piece of toast with hummus or a nutbutter.

All of these things (except tofu) are whole foods and and naturally higher in fat (including tofu) so will help you gain or maintain weight. I know this because these are some of my favorite things! haha I have lost almost 13 pounds just by eliminating these items from my diet.

Best wishes and congratulations on your baby!

Always offer kindness and a soft word to the beings around you; You do not know their journey. Your words can be the hug they need or the shove that breaks them.

RE: NewMom-NewVegan
Posted Monday, April 2, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Thank you for your suggestions!! Ill give them a try!

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 421 active user sessions right now.
Registered Users Online: michaelmuro, shelahsegal

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org