21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: April 2012 Kickstart Forum: Passover
Created on: 04/02/12 09:49 PM Views: 1153 Replies: 5
Passover
Posted Monday, April 2, 2012 at 9:49 PM

What accommodation can the menus make for Passover meals for the strictly observant?

RE: Passover
Posted Monday, April 2, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Admittedly, we do not have much, but we do have this: http://pcrm.org/search/?cid=3282

Susan Levin, MS, RD
PCRM Director of Nutrition Education

Posted Tuesday, April 3, 2012 at 8:54 AM

I just went there to look and noticed that there's an Easter hash - that reminded me of the hash we make, very similar except instead of tofu we'll throw in white beans or garbanzos

--Deb R

Posted Tuesday, April 3, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Hi Isabelle - just letting you know that you're not alone.. The only great idea I came up with was making smoothies - using almond milk (I make my own), kale or spinach, banana, any other fruit - frozen or otherwise - and having that for breakfast when possible. lots of fruit salad with nuts for protein. I have a recipe for cashew cheese.

feel free to email me and I'll be happy to share whatever other ideas I have - though there aren't too many

freideleebs@gmail.com

Fran

Posted Tuesday, April 3, 2012 at 11:01 AM

a really great blog "Happy Healthy Long Life" has a Seder menu. http://www.happyhealthylonglife.com/happy_healthy_long_life/

Posted Tuesday, April 3, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Thanks for the link to the blog - it's great! There is also Vegan mock chopped liver..

CHOPPED "LIVER" SPREAD

Source: No Cholesterol Passover Recipes by Debra Wasserman and Charles Stahler provided by Vegetarian Resource Group (VRG.org).

3 Tbsp. oil
1/2 lb. mushrooms, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 cup chopped walnuts
Pepper and salt, to taste
1 Tbsp. water

Sauté the mushrooms and onion for 8 minutes. Pour into blender or food processor, adding walnuts, seasonings, and water. Blend until smooth. Serve on matzo as a spread.

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 302 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org