21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: January 2012 Kickstart Forum: something to ponder
Created on: 02/14/12 01:00 AM Views: 1017 Replies: 2
something to ponder
Posted Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 1:00 AM

I collect quotes and sayings that are meaningful to me (some serious, some just make me smile) in a notebook and came across this quote that I am going to add. I thought I would share this one with my kickstart friends to see what you think or if you have any favourite sayings yourselves related to nutrition and health.

"Western medicine is severly handicapped due to it's belief that we cannot change our body cells simply by taking in the proper nutrients. Such a concept eliminates a connection between foods, cells, organs, body and mind. This is the most important shortcoming of modern medicine".

The Master Game
by Robert S. De Ropp

Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food - Hippocrates.

RE: something to ponder
Posted Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 9:04 AM

I am also a quote collector, though I have transfered all mine to my computer! Here's a few that I like.

"One-quarter of what you eat keeps you alive. The other three-quarters keeps your doctor
Alive." (Hieroglyph found in an ancient Egyptian tomb.)

"Let food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be food." Hippocrates

"And we have made of ourselves living cesspools, and driven doctors to invent
names for our diseases." Plato

"God, in His infinite wisdom, neglected nothing and if we would eat our food without trying
to improve, change or refine it, thereby destroying its life-giving elements, it would meet
all requirements of the body." Jethro Kloss

"You cannot poison your body into health with drugs, chemo or radiation. "Health" can
only be achieved with healthful living." T.C. Fry

"When you're green inside, you're clean inside." Dr. Bernard Jensen

"When you see the Golden Arches you are probably on the road to the Pearly Gates."
William Castelli, MD - Director, Framingham Heart Study

“To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art.” - La Rochefoucauld

He that takes medicine and neglects diet, wastes the skill of the physician.
- Chinese Proverb

When diet is wrong medicine is of no use.
When diet is correct medicine is of no need.
- Ancient Ayurvedic Proverb

The doctor of the future will give no medication, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, diet and in the cause and prevention of disease.
- Thomas A Edison

“The beef industry has contributed to more American deaths than all the wars of this century, all natural disasters, and all automobile accidents combined. If beef is your idea of ‘real food for real people’ you'd better live real close to a real good hospital.” -Neal Barnard, MD (one of my personal favorites)

"The most important thing to remember about food labels is that you should avoid foods that have labels."-Joel Fuhrman, MD

I have more !!

Vikki ~

RE: something to ponder
Posted Wednesday, February 15, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Wild4Stars wrote:

“The beef industry has contributed to more American deaths than all the wars of this century, all natural disasters, and all automobile accidents combined. If beef is your idea of ‘real food for real people’ you'd better live real close to a real good hospital.” -Neal Barnard, MD (one of my personal favorites)

Dr B nails the hind parts out of it yet again.

Wash your back

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 488 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org