Posted Wednesday, April 4, 2012 at 11:41 PM
I have 4 questions this time:
1. Is dark chocolate ok?
2. What kind of crackers are ok?
3. Is any amount of sugar bad or is some amount ok?
4. What is the max sodium per serving we should have?
Those are some common questions. My answers are:
1. No, it doesn't meet the whole food, plant-based diet. Try adding 100% pure cocoa powder to oatmeal and topping with bananas, berries and cinnamon.
2. Preferrably, stay away from crackers and any processed foods. Instead eat whole grains.
3. Sugar in the natural form already in veggies, fruits, whole grains and legumes are okay.
4. Avoid eating any processed foods and don't add any to your meals. There is plenty of sodium already naturally in whole plant foods.
If you want to be very healthy, eat as many whole, plant-based foods from the new 4 food groups: veggies, fruits, whole grains and legumes. Avoid all other foods including meat, dairy and processed foods.