21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: April 2012 Kickstart Forum: Milk suggestion
Created on: 04/05/12 09:34 AM Views: 556 Replies: 2
Milk suggestion
Posted Thursday, April 5, 2012 at 9:34 AM

My DH, who likes milk, has been experimenting with milk and so far he likes the oat and almond milk combo the best. He thought almond milk had an after taste but mixed with oat milk, he doesn't think it has that. BTW, I bought Pacific's organic low fat milks. We liked rice milk too. Soy is so-so. Not tried hazelnut one yet

Does anybody have any other suggestions for combos, etc?

RE: Milk suggestion
Posted Thursday, April 5, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I was never crazy about that brand, I think the one I like best is Blue Diamond Original Almond, my sister likes the unsweetened vanilla.

I have made my own almond milk, and it is good too.

Always offer kindness and a soft word to the beings around you; You do not know their journey. Your words can be the hug they need or the shove that breaks them.

RE: Milk suggestion
Posted Thursday, April 5, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Yesim wrote:

My DH, who likes milk, has been experimenting with milk and so far he likes the oat and almond milk combo the best. He thought almond milk had an after taste but mixed with oat milk, he doesn't think it has that. BTW, I bought Pacific's organic low fat milks. We liked rice milk too. Soy is so-so. Not tried hazelnut one yet

Does anybody have any other suggestions for combos, etc?

I was just at our co-op market the other day and saw, for the first time, that Blue Diamond has come out with an almond/coconut blend. Didn't get it because I know my guys aren't terribly fond of coconut - though hubby said he'd try it, because it's the texture of coconut (fresh, toasted, flaked, etc) that he doesn't like, the flavor is okay. It was unsweetened too which is nice - coconut is sweet enough already IMO. So that's on the radar for the next time we're needing it.

--Deb R

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 538 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org