21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: Main Kickstart Forum: exercise recovery...
Created on: 03/20/13 08:19 AM Views: 773 Replies: 4
exercise recovery...
Posted Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 8:19 AM

I know it is not nice but I am sitting here trying not to laugh at my poor husband...
We got about ten inches of snow yesterday and last night and my husband and I just dug our way out. (yes...we have snow blower but Kevin left it in a shed out back...so we have had to shovel all winter and we have a big driveway).

Anyway it took us close to two and a half hours this morning and I am sitting here next to my panting, sweating husband and doing just fine. Let me say for the record that my husband is in much better shape than I am he runs a few miles every other day and uses a bow flex the days he does not run. Me I am a compulsive pacer...pace around the house off and on all day and use a treadmill when i feel like it.

But I am sitting here doing just fine having done as much shoveling as he did eating an apple while he recovers with hot chocolate and heavy panting.

Little did I know that when I chose to go vegan I would gain so much!

RE: exercise recovery...
Posted Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 8:27 AM

The gift that keeps on giving - in so many surprising ways!!

Susan Levin, MS, RD
PCRM Director of Nutrition Education

Posted Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 8:38 AM

and you didn't just shovel a path out to the shed so you could use the snow blower all winter? Wink

Just imagine what your hubby could have done if he kept on exercising AND started eating whole vegan foods!!

--DebR

Posted Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 8:43 AM

yeah I have argued with him more than once to get that stupid thing out of the shed but he is a stubborn one...we even had a clear back yard for a few days and had the perfect opportunity.

I am hoping though we have seen the last of the snow storms...

Posted Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Darcyh wrote:

I am hoping though we have seen the last of the snow storms...

Yeah, us too. We even had flurries overnight - not much, and the sun has already melted it off but we've still got plenty left from the last couple of storms.

--DebR

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 534 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org