21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: September 2012 Kickstart Forum: 2nd time is a charm?
Created on: 09/02/12 09:29 PM Views: 824 Replies: 3
2nd time is a charm?
Posted Sunday, September 2, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Hello,

I did this about 2 years ago and stayed vegan for 9 months.. then I got pregnant with my second and got intense cravings that I gave into.. now he is 5 months and I am ready to try this again.. the baby weight has been hard to lose so hoping this also helps with that!

RE: 2nd time is a charm?
Posted Monday, September 3, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Welcome! Even though you may not be pregnant this go around, monitor your cravings just the same. When they happen, think about what you have eaten and how maybe cravings could be avoided or even just lessened. Some cravings are directly influenced by what we have or have not eaten. The forum will be good for talking out such discoveries!

Susan Levin, MS, RD
PCRM Director of Nutrition Education

Posted Monday, September 3, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Hi, I'm another return user to the kickstart. I also had alot of pregnancy weight gain due to me giving in to my cravings. Last time I lost 10 pounds that I was able to keep off since then. I'm hoping to lose at least 10 more this time and reinforce those healthy habits I formed last time. My baby is now 15 months so its time to get rid of this excess weight Very Happy

Right now my biggest craving is going to be for coffee creamer but I'm using the so delicious original coconut creamer to beat that craving!

Posted Tuesday, September 4, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Cravings often tell us about something going on inside, so pay attention and find alternate ways to address them. Sugar cravings can often be defeated by a good crunchy dill pickle (go figure :winkSmile Chocolate cravings can be battled with a plate of vegan nachos (use a not-cheese sauce, black beans, lower fat and sodium chips, some good salsa). If we try to ignore them, we might be missing a cue that our body is needing something. But, just because we're craving cupcakes, doesn't mean we have to eat cupcakes - parse out what it is about that thing that attracts you (and it may very well differ each time). Then find alt ways to address the underlying need.

--Deb R

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 390 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org