21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: Main Kickstart Forum: New vegan flying to the in-laws for Thanksgiving
Created on: 11/24/13 03:42 PM Views: 618 Replies: 4
New vegan flying to the in-laws for Thanksgiving
Posted Sunday, November 24, 2013 at 3:42 PM

We'll actually be flying on Thursday and eating on Friday. They're not doing anything special for me. What can I buy or get easy-prep to bring so that I can eat something? I can shop early Friday morning and it's in the Long Beach area, I just won't have cooking facilities. (either that or sneak Tofurkey past TSA at the airport!)

Advice?

New vegan flying to the in-laws for Thanksgiving
Posted Sunday, November 24, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Sweet potatoes, green beans, or other typical holiday fare. I noticed Whole Foods, if a possible resource, is taking orders for lots of vegan Thanksgiving dishes that feed 4 and cost around $9-11 per dish. Not bad for feeding four! Things like Maple Sweet Potatoes, Brussels sprouts, Mashed Potatoes, etc. I'm considering it for my plans!

Susan Levin, MS, RD
PCRM Director of Nutrition Education

RE: New vegan flying to the in-laws
Posted Sunday, November 24, 2013 at 6:00 PM

We're going to the in-laws as well. My mother-in-law has Thanksgiving dinner catered, since she doesn't like to cook. I can usually eat at least one of the sides, but then she also always makes a big fruit salad. So between the fruit salad, one or two sides, cranberry sauce, and a dinner roll, I'm good. Wink

So, when you get to where you're going, you can always stop buy a grocery store and pick up either already made fruit salad or a fruit or veggie platter to add to the meal.

RE:flying to the in-laws for Thanksgiving
Posted Sunday, November 24, 2013 at 6:02 PM

You could check the restaurants at Happy Cow to see if they offer take out meals. http://www.happycow.net/north_america/usa/california/long_beach/

email
Edited 11/24/13 6:03 PM
RE: New vegan @ the in-laws for Thanksgiving
Posted Sunday, November 24, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Bless you for the Happy Cow link! If they're open on Black Friday (our dinner date), I'm gonna CATER this puppy. If they don't eat it, more leftovers for ME, since we're gonna be there till Sunday Very Happy

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 360 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org