21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: April 2012 Kickstart Forum: are there anu recommendations on diet soda?
Created on: 04/08/12 12:09 AM Views: 1563 Replies: 8
are there anu recommendations on diet soda?
Posted Sunday, April 8, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Just wondering if are there are any recommendations on diet soda in the kickstart plan. I would imagine that it is not recommended though...

RE: are there anu recommendations on diet soda?
Posted Sunday, April 8, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Wow, I just saw the post on the list of addetives to avoid; I guess that answers my question. I have been trying to avoid it anyway. Interesting how some things one might think are vegan or without animal products have additives that are derived from animals

Posted Sunday, April 8, 2012 at 2:48 AM

I took a sip of someone else's drink this evening thinking it was water. Turns out it was a clear soda. YECHHH... for the first few seconds I thought someone had slipped bathroom cleaner into her water before I realized it was "lime" flavor.

Posted Sunday, April 8, 2012 at 3:00 AM

If your only goal is to lose weight there may be room for some diet soda. If your goal is to gain health you'll be better off without it.

Vikki ~

Posted Sunday, April 8, 2012 at 6:06 AM

Each to their own but I wouldnt touch diet soda (and haven't) since learning about aspartame and other artificial sweetners. If I was going to drink soda I would rather have regular soda with sugar as the lesser of two evils. Even though this stuff is approved by the FDA as a food additive there is a reason it is banned in some European countries.

Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food - Hippocrates.

Posted Sunday, April 8, 2012 at 11:57 AM

I have avoided sodas for well over 20 years. My favorite is filter water. If I need a zip to it I add fresh lemon or lime juice or I infuse the water with sliced fruit. That is a great warm weather treat.

Always offer kindness and a soft word to the beings around you; You do not know their journey. Your words can be the hug they need or the shove that breaks them.

Posted Monday, April 9, 2012 at 8:34 AM

allis wrote:

Just wondering if are there are any recommendations on diet soda in the kickstart plan. I would imagine that it is not recommended though...

Yes, I believe the recommendation would be Don't do it Wink

If you must have bubbles, try plain seltzer (Cabonated water) and maybe occasionally add a bit of lemon, lime, or other fruit to it.

--Deb R

Posted Monday, April 9, 2012 at 9:10 PM

I have a much greater appreciation for plain water now, thanks all

Posted Wednesday, April 11, 2012 at 1:14 AM

I like Giant's carbonated waters, they are natural, safe, no aspartame and come in many flavours like lime, raspberry, wild berry, orange. =)

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 354 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org