21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: April 2012 Kickstart Forum: Agave OK?
Created on: 04/09/12 04:38 PM Views: 1097 Replies: 3
Agave OK?
Posted Monday, April 9, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Are we allowed to have agave? I'm dying for some sweetness!

RE: Agave OK?
Posted Monday, April 9, 2012 at 4:44 PM

negandhi wrote:

Are we allowed to have agave? I'm dying for some sweetness!

"Allowed"? You can do anything you want - none of us can stop you Laughing If you mean, is agave vegan, yes it is, it comes from a plant. If you mean, should I add sweetener, that's a different question. One thing is to maybe avoid adding any sweetener for this three weeks if you can, so your tastebuds can learn how sweet carrots, whole wheat, and other foods really are. Then decide. If it's a choice of having a little sweetener in your tea or losing it altogether and bingeing, have a little sweetener in your tea. Better yet, though, add a bit of all-fruit type topping to a piece of whole grain toast. Ever after just a week of no added sweetener, you might be surprised at how sweet a teaspoon of a fruit/fruit juice jam tastes or how sweet raisins can be in your oatmeal.

--Deb R

Edited 04/09/12 4:44 PM
Posted Monday, April 9, 2012 at 9:44 PM

negandhi have you ever tried roasted carrots and onions. They are nice and sweet.

Posted Tuesday, April 10, 2012 at 10:16 AM

marcia wrote:

negandhi have you ever tried roasted carrots and onions. They are nice and sweet.

or a nice baked sweet potato - totally sweet and yummy...pretty much all the orangey veggies (carrots, sweet potato, squashes) are really sweet. Mix up a hash of sweet potato, butternut squash, golden beets, new potatoes (cube all the above), and onion (diced) and it is hearty and sweet.

--Deb R

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 214 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org