21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: April 2012 Kickstart Forum: Face
Created on: 07/20/12 08:15 AM Views: 964 Replies: 4
Face
Posted Friday, July 20, 2012 at 8:15 AM

I'm blown away on two counts. Firstly, I had no idea that Dr McDougall used to have his own TV show. Secondly, I had no idea that Dirk Benedict is such a dude.

http://www.itbn.org/index/detail/lib/Networks/sublib/Church+Channel/ec/Vuc3A3NTquqjHjGpeVCZFGMESM1ayJnq

Wash your back

RE: Face
Posted Friday, July 20, 2012 at 8:21 AM

Just to clarify, I've always known that Dirk Benedict was a dude. But I didn't know he was this much of a dude.

Wash your back

Posted Saturday, July 21, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Thank you for posting that! I really enjoyed that. A lot of good refresher information and macrobiotics is a great thing.

Macrobiotics has cured a lot of people, like my dad, but unfortunately we did not get mom started in time. We lost her on the 1st of July. She and I wondered many times if we had gotten her started earlier in life on a whole foods plant based diet if it would have changed the outcome of her life.

Theodore, it is always my pleasure to see your posts!

Always offer kindness and a soft word to the beings around you; You do not know their journey. Your words can be the hug they need or the shove that breaks them.

Posted Sunday, July 22, 2012 at 8:16 AM

Kym

I can't tell you how glad I am to see you again. I think you have such a positive effect on this forum. Have you noticed how much of a dark energy this place has gotten in your absence. Just look at my recent post about ethical veganism vs health reasons and see how dark it was.

I'm really sorry to hear about your mother. I got the impression something was going on because you hadn't posted for so long. I was actually reading one of Dr Fuhrman's newsletters last week and he was talking about cancer. He was basically saying that cancer is in a different league compared to things like heart disease. The right diet can pretty much reverse heart disease in 99% of cases. The gist of what he was saying is that there's been a lot of success using diet against cancer but the success rate isn't nearly as high as 99%. To hear him say that made me realise just how serious cancer really is.

And yes, if I recall correctly, he was saying when it comes to cancer, there really needs to be a strong emphasis on prevention and starting good habits as early in life as possible.

I'm really sorry that your mother didn't make it through, despite your outstanding efforts.

Best to you.

Theodore

Wash your back

Edited 07/22/12 8:18 AM
Posted Sunday, July 22, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Thank you Theodore,

You are right the last couple of months were quite intense. Mom was on hospice and the process, though somewhat speedy for cancer, was quite traumatic. My sister and I took care of her and if nothing else she knew how much we love her. This has just been so hard and so very painful. We certainly did not get her started in time and though I was so hopeful, it just wasn't soon enough. She did not eat well the majority of her 73 years and she lived with serious, chronic stress.

Another heart breaking incident happened after her passing, my longtime pet companion (I am much closer to my dogs than most people!) passed 12 days later. I had had Bosco for 13 years and he was considered my love sponge. So between the care, the declines and the passings of 2 souls I love and miss terribly I am afraid I have not been good company at all.

I now am trying to grieve but start making some better decisions for myself. Though I did not eat meat or dairy during this time, my fat intake did increase and my daily walks stopped with Bosco's decline. My heart is just so sad.

My sister took me out and about and now I have a puppy. Brody, (puppy) is fun, playful but most of all loving and he is helping me put my life back in order. I look forward to the day his shots are complete and we can begin our walks about town.

Thank you again for your kind words about my influence on this forum and I will try to live up to them.

K

Always offer kindness and a soft word to the beings around you; You do not know their journey. Your words can be the hug they need or the shove that breaks them.

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 632 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org