21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: January 2012 Kickstart Forum: Famous Vegans
Created on: 01/03/12 04:21 PM Views: 1859 Replies: 7
Famous Vegans
Posted Tuesday, January 3, 2012 at 4:21 PM

OMGA

I've just been reading Kathy Freston's Twitter Page. I had no idea that so many celebrities were trying the vegan diet:

Beyonce & Jay Z
Venus & Serena Williams
Russell Brand
Ozzy Osbourne
Eliza Dushku
Carrie Ann Inaba

Apparently Mike Tyson is still a strict vegan and has lost a lot of his aggression.

Wash your back

RE: Famous Vegans
Posted Wednesday, January 4, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Hi theodore,

Good to see you back at the kicstart. When are we going to see your name on the famous vegan list?

Enjoy the 21 days,

Christine

Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food - Hippocrates.

Posted Wednesday, January 4, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Hi Theodore,

Good to see you back at the kicstart. When are we going to see your name on the famous vegan list?

Enjoy the 21 days,

Christine

Posted Wednesday, January 4, 2012 at 8:53 AM

Well, not until people start taking me seriously as a philosopher. Which, judging by the reactions I get on this forum, won't be any time soon. Seems to be quite a few celebrity vegans nowadays, with or without me.

Good to see you too, by the way.

Theodore

Wash your back

Posted Wednesday, January 4, 2012 at 12:59 PM

I recall Ellen deGeneres and, oh crap I can't remember her name..Portia something? she used to be on Ally McBeal, haha I loved that show ^-^ anyway, the both of them have an online blog about their vegan lifestyle and they have these adorable photos of their work on a farm, sustainable living, lots of cows and goats - it made me want a goat so bad!

I think Natalie Portman is vegan too, also the girl from Glee (I'm slightly obsessed haha) I don't recall her name, but she's the one who plays Rachel.

Posted Wednesday, January 4, 2012 at 1:07 PM

LovesKittens wrote:

I recall Ellen deGeneres and, oh crap I can't remember her name..Portia something? she used to be on Ally McBeal, haha I loved that show ^-^ anyway, the both of them have an online blog about their vegan lifestyle and they have these adorable photos of their work on a farm, sustainable living, lots of cows and goats - it made me want a goat so bad!

I think Natalie Portman is vegan too, also the girl from Glee (I'm slightly obsessed haha) I don't recall her name, but she's the one who plays Rachel.

Slightly off track but I love goats. I grew up with a couple. They are lovely intelligent animals. If I had the space I would have another as a pet.

I grew up on a dairy farm, but I was allergic to cows milk (my body was telling me something even then) so my Dad did what any farmer of his time would do and purhcased a couple of goats to milk. The rest of the family had cows milk and I had goats milk. So I was raised on goats milk until I was old enough to say no to all milk.

Come to think of it I was born to be vegan. My mother tells stories about how as a young child I would try to eat an egg laid from my pet chicken (I was excited that she had laid and wanted to eat it - no parental forcing involved) but would start wretching and vomit every time no matter how she cooked it. I just couldnt handle eggs. Funny how much we dont listen to our bodies and get off track as we get older.

Edited 01/04/12 1:11 PM
Posted Wednesday, January 4, 2012 at 5:01 PM

LovesKittens wrote:

Ellen, Portia De Rossi, Natalie Portman. Yes Definitely. The ones I listed originally are just the recent ones. Here are some more long term vegans that I know of.

Bryan Adams
Casey Affleck
Alec Baldwin
Ed Begley Jnr
Mayim Bialik
Kris Carr
Bill something. I can't remember his surname. He used to be president of the United States. It'll come to me in a minute.
Emily Deschanel
Lisa Edelstein (not sure if she's 100%)
Kathy Freston
Jenny Garth
Woody Harleson
Chrissie Hynde
Anthony Keidis
Cindy Landon
Carl Lewis
Tobey Maguire
Bill Maher
Moby. I also can't remember his surname. I'm not sure if he even has a surname.
Alanis Morrissette
Kevin Nealon
Joaquin Phoenix
John Salley
Alicia Silverstone
Russell Simmons
Andre something. I can't remember his surname either. Oh yeah: "2000"

Probably loads more that I've forgotten about.

Wash your back

Posted Wednesday, January 4, 2012 at 8:24 PM

lol. i think you mean Bill Clinton. Or were you being funny?!

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 343 active user sessions right now.
Registered Users Online: kelle23, slt

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org