21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: Main Kickstart Forum: vegan granola bars at Costco / Sam's Club in bulk?
Created on: 11/30/13 12:43 AM Views: 1061 Replies: 4
vegan granola bars at Costco / Sam's Club in bulk?
Posted Saturday, November 30, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Hi all! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Being Indian, I made myself some of the aloo gobi recipe but had it with tapioca bread instead of the rice. It was nice!

My mom often gets these Fiber One bars at Cost-co or in bulk, at similar stores. I thought I'd try one as a snack today, thinking they were vegan. But they have milk =( Strangely enough, the chocolate part of it is vegan, I guess they use milk in the oats part or something. ( it was oats and chocolate )

I like granola bars and similar 'portable' snacks, as I often prefer to eat 5 times a day rather than 3 larger meals. Does anyone have suggestions or could recommend some vegan granola bars to get, so I'll be prepared for December?

RE: vegan granola bars at Costco
Posted Saturday, November 30, 2013 at 9:01 AM

I usually carry a Larabar with me , especially when travelling, in case there is no options for me which has happened a few times. I get them at Costco. I also got a box of Glutino on my last visit to Costco. They are also gluten free.
As a rule I don't like prepared food, but occasionally they have come in very handy.

RE: vegan granola bars
Posted Monday, December 2, 2013 at 8:20 AM

lily18 wrote:

Hi all! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Being Indian, I made myself some of the aloo gobi recipe but had it with tapioca bread instead of the rice. It was nice!

My mom often gets these Fiber One bars at Cost-co or in bulk, at similar stores. I thought I'd try one as a snack today, thinking they were vegan. But they have milk =( Strangely enough, the chocolate part of it is vegan, I guess they use milk in the oats part or something. ( it was oats and chocolate )

I like granola bars and similar 'portable' snacks, as I often prefer to eat 5 times a day rather than 3 larger meals. Does anyone have suggestions or could recommend some vegan granola bars to get, so I'll be prepared for December?

Watch the ingredients - a lot of those 'high fiber' bars and such have fractionated and broken down (not whole) soy and other things. Look around online for really easy 'granola bar' recipes. Most are super simple and use whole ingredients rather than the chemical additives and heavily processed things.

--DebR

Posted Monday, December 2, 2013 at 8:20 AM

lily18 wrote:

Watch the ingredients - a lot of those 'high fiber' bars and such have fractionated and broken down (not whole) soy and other things. Look around online for really easy 'granola bar' recipes. Most are super simple and use whole ingredients rather than the chemical additives and heavily processed things.

--DebR

Posted Monday, December 2, 2013 at 8:21 AM

oops--DebR

Edited 12/02/13 9:49 AM

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 153 active user sessions right now.
Registered Users Online: Chanie08

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org