21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: September 2012 Kickstart Forum: If You Fall Down, STAND UP!
Created on: 09/08/12 04:54 PM Views: 2225 Replies: 12
If You Fall Down, STAND UP!
Posted Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 4:54 PM

I fell down yesterday. It was Friday, which is about the only explanation/excuse needed, really. In the spirit of the Kickstart, I decided to try a Mexican restaurant nearby that I haven't visited. Well, the avocado margarita was interesting and good, Mexican beer is good, and I ended up with veggie fajitas much higher in oil than I like. They probably hid some queso in there somewhere too. Live and learn.

It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, it only matters how many times you stand up. I think I'm paraphrasing a boxing coach, or maybe my grandfather. Anyway, today I stood up. Garbanzo beans in the crockpot for tonight's ratatouille and black bean chili that I didn't get to earlier in the week.

Did you stumble? Did you fall? Doesn't matter. Just stand right back up and move forward!

Good luck to everyone heading into Week 2.

Come visit me at:
http://vegpedlr.net

RE: If You Fall Down, STAND UP!
Posted Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Good points, Vegpedlr. I was thinking a similar thing.

Wash your back

Posted Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Theodore, are you also on the McDougall discussion board? I feel like I already know you and it's kinda creeping me out!

Come visit me at:

Posted Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Yes I'm on the McDougall forum as well. In fact I was just reading your post about Dean Ornish vs Agatson. Good points.

There's quite a few people here who are on the McDougall boards as well. And vice versa.

Wash your back

Posted Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 7:42 PM

theodore wrote:

Yes I'm on the McDougall forum as well. In fact I was just reading your post about Dean Ornish vs Agatson. Good points.

There's quite a few people here who are on the McDougall boards as well. And vice versa.

Good, now I don't feel creepy. I've never come across to a Kickstart, thinking "I already know this stuff," but I did to support my sister and a friend. I'm really glad I did! This is an awesome project. and I'm really excited to hang out here and offer up whatever support my experience provides. Even if it is just a dumb joke.

Come visit me at:

Posted Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 8:05 PM

It's great that you're over here. I get a lot of good info from your posts. Others will too.

Wash your back

Posted Sunday, September 9, 2012 at 7:00 AM

Theodore is everywhere!! Exclamation

Vikki ~

Posted Sunday, September 9, 2012 at 7:48 AM

Vegpedlr,

Wild4Stars is one of the people I was referring to who are also on the McDougall boards. You probably recognise her.

Watch out for her though. She's trouble.

Wash your back

Posted Sunday, September 9, 2012 at 8:00 AM

I haven't been on the McDougall boards lately. Someone started a facebook group McDougall Friends and it's a much friendlier place.

Vikki ~

Posted Sunday, September 9, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Vegpdlr - Thanks for the support. Had a fall on Thursday did as you say and got back up feeling even stronger!
Wild4Stars - question, I was excited to learn about the face book page McDougall Friends (been following MAX Weighloss w/Dr. McDougall plan) is it a closed group and I think I asked to join but not sure - I'm not great at facebook. Is it a closed group?
Thanks for the help!

Posted Sunday, September 9, 2012 at 11:01 AM

It is a closed group, if you want to PM me your facebook name I think I can send you an invitation. It's really a very fun and helpful group. We create fun challenges, share recipes and ideas. I have enjoyed it more than the McDougall forums.

Vikki ~

Edited 09/09/12 11:02 AM
Posted Sunday, September 9, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Wild4stars
Thank you! I did "friend" them and I have been enjoying reading all the great advice this afternoon.
Thanks again.

Posted Monday, September 10, 2012 at 10:04 AM

vegpedlr wrote:

I fell down yesterday. It was Friday, which is about the only explanation/excuse needed, really. In the spirit of the Kickstart, I decided to try a Mexican restaurant nearby that I haven't visited. Well, the avocado margarita was interesting and good, Mexican beer is good, and I ended up with veggie fajitas much higher in oil than I like. They probably hid some queso in there somewhere too. Live and learn.

It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, it only matters how many times you stand up. I think I'm paraphrasing a boxing coach, or maybe my grandfather. Anyway, today I stood up. Garbanzo beans in the crockpot for tonight's ratatouille and black bean chili that I didn't get to earlier in the week.

Did you stumble? Did you fall? Doesn't matter. Just stand right back up and move forward!

Good luck to everyone heading into Week 2.

THIS is the secret of winners. Not never falling down. It's in the getting back up. You go vegpedlr!

And the McDougall Friends fb place is loads of fun - another place to stay connected beyond the Kickstart!

Lani

facebook
lanimuelrath.com

Lani Muelrath, M.A. CGFI, CPBN
Fit Quickies: The Plant-Based Fitness Book

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 122 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org