21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1 2   Next Page

Forums: September 2012 Kickstart Forum: Non-Vegan Celebrities
Created on: 09/08/12 07:46 PM Views: 4194 Replies: 28
Non-Vegan Celebrities
Posted Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Are there any celebrities who haven't gone vegan ?

I was thinking about this the other day and I could only think of four:

Glenn Beck
Garth Brooks
Paula Deen
Larry Hagman

I think that's about it.

Wash your back

RE: Non-Vegan Celebrities
Posted Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 7:51 PM

OK, I've just found out that Garth Brooks and Larry Hagman are vegan now. So it looks like it's just Glenn Beck and Paula Deen left.

Wash your back

Posted Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 8:15 PM

I will beat myself silly with the ugly stick if Paula Deen goes vegan. But I really want to, if she could do vegan Southern cooking, that would be brilliant!

Come visit me at:
http://vegpedlr.net

Posted Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Interesting tidbit, Theodore, perhaps the "Glen Beck and Paula Deen Show" might be in order...... Laughing

Posted Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 8:41 PM

If they could figure out how going vegan could make them some money, they would ALL be vegan. In a heartbeat, today.

Vikki ~

Posted Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 9:12 PM

It seems like there are more non vegan celebrities than vegan? Not sure what is the point?

Posted Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 9:43 PM

I think Paula Deen (sp?) has displayed that the highest bidder gets her backing.

Always offer kindness and a soft word to the beings around you; You do not know their journey. Your words can be the hug they need or the shove that breaks them.

Posted Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 11:40 PM

What about the vegan then but not now celebrities - e.g.

Oprah
Bob Harper

Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food - Hippocrates.

Posted Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 11:46 PM

kiwi wrote:

What about the vegan then but not now celebrities - e.g.

Oprah
Bob Harper

I can't even express my disappointment in Bob Harper!!!

Always offer kindness and a soft word to the beings around you; You do not know their journey. Your words can be the hug they need or the shove that breaks them.

Posted Sunday, September 9, 2012 at 12:30 AM

[quote="Oceandog
I can't even express my disappointment in Bob Harper!!![/quote]

Me too.

Oprah I can understand to some degree as she did it for the show and at least made people aware there is another way to eat. Also she had a chef prepare the vegan meals for her. I have a little theory that if you cook for yourself you are more in touch with your food and more mindful of what you eat and where it comes from.

I am not sure what happened to Bob. I never heard his reason to stop being vegan - whether he had health issues or just got tired of it all. Guess thats his business not mine but he was a great ambassador for a vegan lifestyle.

Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food - Hippocrates.

Posted Sunday, September 9, 2012 at 7:21 AM

Thanks for all the great feedback, guys.

The thing that I don't understand is this: almost every famous person I can think of has gone vegan now. From Bill Clinton to Mike Tyson to Michele Pfeifer to Ozzy Osbourne. And almost everyone I know in my personal life has gone vegan too. And yet the official surveys are saying vegans are only something like 2% of the population.

I honestly think there's something suspect going on with those statistics. Either someone's fudging the figures or the surveys are rigged in some way, because those figures are seriously at odds with what I'm seeing with my own eyes.

Wash your back

Posted Sunday, September 9, 2012 at 7:36 AM

I wish I could say almost everyone I know in my presonal life have gone vegan. I can think of 3. Some have tried, but "can't" stay with it.

Vikki ~

Posted Sunday, September 9, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Gosh, the only vegans I know are my sister and me. My mom went vegan the last year or so of her life but that was to fight cancer.

Everyone else I know says they can't live without ______ (you get the idea).

Posted Sunday, September 9, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Theodore, you can color me jealous to have all those vegans in your life.

Vikki ~

Posted Sunday, September 9, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Wild4Stars wrote:

Theodore, you can color me jealous to have all those vegans in your life.

Well said! Can you even imagine having vegans all araound you? Eating where you wish, talking about something else...what would we talk about?? lol

For me, I would talk about my puppy, the beach, gardening, knitting, quilting and books.

Posted Sunday, September 9, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Well, it's not all roses having so many vegans around you. Vegans don't always agree on everything. As some of you may know !

Wash your back

Posted Sunday, September 9, 2012 at 2:24 PM

theodore wrote:

Well, it's not all roses having so many vegans around you. Vegans don't always agree on everything. As some of you may know !

That is true, then can turn on each other when they have no one else to squabble with!

Posted Sunday, September 9, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Oceandog wrote:

That is true, then can turn on each other when they have no one else to squabble with!

They certainly can, Kym.

Wash your back

Posted Sunday, September 9, 2012 at 3:00 PM

I'm always sure to clarify that I EAT vegan. I didn't sell my car with leather seats. I didn't get rid of my leather handbags or shoes. I didn't divorce my omnivore husband so there are animal products in my house. I occasionally eat honey. The hard core militant vegans are always quick to attack me on those points.

Vikki ~

Posted Sunday, September 9, 2012 at 3:05 PM

I'm always sure to clarify that I EAT vegan. I didn't sell my car with leather seats. I didn't get rid of my leather handbags or shoes. I didn't divorce my omnivore husband so there are animal products in my house. I occasionally eat honey. The hard core militant vegans are always quick to attack me on those points.

Vikki ~

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1 2   Next Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 435 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org