21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: January 2012 Kickstart Forum: todays message
Created on: 01/04/12 11:07 AM Views: 735 Replies: 2
todays message
Posted Wednesday, January 4, 2012 at 11:07 AM

oh boo hoo.. i just read todays message.. and looked at what happens after just ONE high fat meal.. 6 hours of wreakage!!

so now the next question is.. how long does it take to clear the wreakage? how long before tri-glycerides go back to vegan normal? how long before choresterol levels go back to vegan normal? how long beofore blood starts flowing normally?
If i have cleared away some plaque it doen't just all pop up again after one meal? that's crazy?

I am not perfect.. once every 6 mons i do have some seafood.. i like broiled scallops.. no butter. I was even considering one filet at christmas.. although in the end, i did not partake.

RE: todays message
Posted Wednesday, January 4, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Plaque and scar tissue do not appear immediately - I don't think the research cited meant to imply that it did. But the havoc from unhealthful foods is immediate and lingers.

If people only ate fatty, processed foods once in a while, the body would have time to focus on repairing. Unfortunately, most of us in the western world eat like this quite often. It's hard to rebuild while simultaneously swinging a sledgehammer.

Susan Levin, MS, RD
PCRM Director of Nutrition Education

Edited 01/04/12 12:14 PM
RE: todays message
Posted Thursday, January 5, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Susan Levin wrote:

Plaque and scar tissue do not appear immediately - I don't think the research cited meant to imply that it did. But the havoc from unhealthful foods is immediate and lingers.

If people only ate fatty, processed foods once in a while, the body would have time to focus on repairing. Unfortunately, most of us in the western world eat like this quite often. It's hard to rebuild while simultaneously swinging a sledgehammer.

I am going to remember your reference to swinging the sledgehammer! How true! Wink

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 283 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org