21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: April 2012 Kickstart Forum: Vegan Italian Sausage Recipe
Created on: 04/12/12 11:16 PM Views: 1272 Replies: 3
Vegan Italian Sausage Recipe
Posted Thursday, April 12, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Last night I made a Vegan Italian Sausage recipe from HappyHerbivore.com and we thought it was delicious. We had a sausage with wheat pasta and spaghetti sauce last night. Tonight I sauteed onions and peppers, which I included in a sandwich with the "sausage." It's been declared a keeper recipe. My only recommendation would be don't add it to a pan of sauce, but put the sauce on the sausage on your plate because it would break up in a pan of spaghetti sauce.

Deborah

RE: Vegan Italian Sausage Recipe
Posted Friday, April 13, 2012 at 2:05 PM

I've got that cookbook also. Was the Spicy Sausage made with pinto beans and on page 150? I've got all the ingredients except the wheat gluten and TVP.

Posted Friday, April 13, 2012 at 2:37 PM

marcia wrote:

I've got that cookbook also. Was the Spicy Sausage made with pinto beans and on page 150? I've got all the ingredients except the wheat gluten and TVP.

I have the cookbook on Kindle so not sure about the page number but it's not the Spicy Sausage. It's Italian Sausage from the recipe section on the website. It uses pinto beans, VWG and TVP also but the spices are a little different. The spicy sausage looks good too. I'm out of vital wheat gluten now too! The only place I can find it here is Whole Foods.

Posted Friday, April 13, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Thanks for answering my question. I really love the cookbook. It has a lot of pictures. In fact I need to make my lunch now, I'm really hungry. Razz

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 634 active user sessions right now.
Registered Users Online: pebblesmurray

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org