21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: January 2012 Kickstart Forum: Day 5 What RU eating?
Created on: 01/06/12 07:57 AM Views: 2030 Replies: 8
Day 5 What RU eating?
Posted Friday, January 6, 2012 at 7:57 AM

Hi All,

Nuttin much happing here.. thank god the weekend has come and it will be time for me to cook again .. leftovers are looking pretty slim.
I am going to look thru kickstart menus and maybe make an old favorite.. also fatfreevegan has some good looking recipes.

b-cereal, plant milk, banana
l-veggie soup
d-my honey's turn to surprise me.

so what is on your menu?

RE: Day 5 What RU eating?
Posted Friday, January 6, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Heading up North today for a weekend of skiing with Husband, Brother/Sister In Law, and their 3 kids - all meat eating, cookie loving, chocolate addicted, and potato crunching lovely people.... My first REAL test. Maybe my second.... last night made Chocolate Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies for them (with Butter, and Choco Chips...). Did NOT even lick my fingers! Thank goodness for Laurie's Wholesome Junk Food - Chocolate Fudge Bite-lettes -- 100% Vegan, made with oats and dates!

B - oatmeal
L - salad with hummus
D - bringing lentil soup (on stove now) and whole wheat pasta with a tomato portabella pasta sauce - one for tonight, one for tomorrow - both with salad
S - have tons of fruits and veggies...

Wish me luck! If I can handle this weekend with the kids, next week, in Vegas, with some of my favorite, or rather past favorite restaurants within reach should be a breeze!!!

Posted Friday, January 6, 2012 at 8:30 AM

Next time you have to take cookies somewhere.. you might want to try a recipe like this...I bet everyone would eat them.. including you..that is unless you are trying to eliminate junk food..vegan included.

So i wish you luck! it sounds like you are prepared and have some yummy food. If it turns out you have to go out..think chinese and steamed veggies. I just wish the places around here had brown rice.

Chocolate Fudgy Oatmeal Cookies

2 cups Quick-Cooking Oats
1 2/3 cups Flour         2/3 cup Cocoa Powder
½ tsp Baking Soda         ½ tsp Baking Powder
¾ tsp Salt

1 ½ cups Sugar      2 TBs Ground Flax Seeds
2/3 cup Nondairy Milk
2/3 cup Canola Oil
1 ½ tsp Vanilla Extract      ¼ tsp Almond Extract
¾ cup Chocolate Chips
1 cup Dried Cherries, chopped (optional)

Preheat oven to 375° F. Line 2 baking sheets w/parchment paper.

In a medium bowl, stir together oats, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.

In a large bowl beat together sugar, flax seeds, and nondairy milk until smooth. Add the oil, vanilla, and almond; beat until well mixed. Fold in ½ of the flour mixture to moisten, and then fold in the remaining half. Just before the mixture is completely combined, fold in chocolate chips and cherries if desired.

Each cookie is 2 TBs of dough onto the sheet. Leave 2” of space b/t each cookie. If desired flatten slightly. Bake 10-12 minutes until cookies are firm and risen. Let cookies rest on baking sheet 5 min then transfer to wire racks to complete cooling. Makes 2 ½ doz.

Posted Friday, January 6, 2012 at 8:44 AM

..that is unless you are trying to eliminate junk food..vegan included.

those sound really really yummy!and I will definitely keep recipe on file. For now though, trying to eliminate the junk food, at least for the first 6 weeks.

I figured if I can beat my own temptations, there is nothing anyone else can try and do to undermine Very Happy

Posted Friday, January 6, 2012 at 8:54 AM

B- Nature's Path FlaxPlus Raisin Bran with soymilk
L- Leftover Confetti Couscous with a one cutup Lightlife Chorizo style veggie sausage
D- Don't know yet...but I have adzuki beans that have been pre-soaked and a bunch of kale that may not last that much longer so might head that direction.

Posted Friday, January 6, 2012 at 9:52 AM

B: usual - cereal, plant milk, vegan dark chocolate chips
L: chili leftover from last night (yum!)
D: root veg hash (we've got taters, sweet potato, beets, turnips, parsnips, onions, carrots and a bit of butternut squash as well, plus we toss in some cooked black beans for contrasting color, texture and some protein - basically just cube it all up and put it in a big skillet with a bit of water and/or veggie stock, pop on the lid, and let it steam/saute, stirring once or twice, until veggies are tender and yummy)
S: clementine, apple

Posted Friday, January 6, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Breakfast - Fantastic Fruit Smoothie
Lunch - veggie burger and dijon potato salad
Dinner - probably lentil chili or lentil soup

Posted Friday, January 6, 2012 at 4:27 PM

B- Kashi Cerela with plant milk
coffee with So Delicious Coconut Creamer and Agave

Snack- Cliff Z bar

Lunch - Left over stuffed acorn squash with rice/barley/spelt and mixture of veggies with madras curry powerder and dried cherris/pistachios

S-Tofurky slices with avocado AND little granola with cashews

(I have really picked up my work-outs this week so I have been hungry!)

D- going to have a giant salad at the local healthy grocery store.

Posted Friday, January 6, 2012 at 6:04 PM

B- lots of tea and a banana
L- I went out for lunch - Portabella mushroom taco with a side of corn brown rice, guac and chips
D- I am really full from lunch maybe some leftover soup or something small

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 154 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org