21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: September 2012 Kickstart Forum: way to go Susan!
Created on: 10/31/12 10:33 AM Views: 1245 Replies: 6
way to go Susan!
Posted Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 10:33 AM

I heard Susan Levin on the local radio talking about school lunches. She did a great job in sticking to her message while talking to someone who has the SAD brainwash thinking that you need dairy, and there is nothing wrong with meat. Here is a link to the podcast http://www.620wtmj.com/podcasts/news/newstogo/174857731.html

RE: way to go Susan!
Posted Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Haha - thanks! I was a little traumatized by that interview. Glad it sounded okay. People do not like to hear that their school district did not do well in our report.

Susan Levin, MS, RD
PCRM Director of Nutrition Education

Posted Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 11:00 AM

thanks for sharing this.. Susan you did a great job! dairy is poison

Posted Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Yes, great job Susan!

Before I was eating healthy, I was unhappy about what was going on in my kids' school cafeteria years ago. The PTO was allowed to set up a kiosk and sell very unhealthy food alternatives to the jr. high school kids - to make money for the PTO. Of course, many kids ate that junk instead of the tray lunches. I don't know if it's still going on, but it was a pet peeve of mine.

Posted Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Susan,

You did a fantastic job with a hostile interviewer. He was trying really hard to paint you and PCRM as an extremist group. You did not fall into any of his traps.

Bill

Posted Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Thank you!!

Susan Levin, MS, RD
PCRM Director of Nutrition Education

Posted Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 8:43 PM

You are so right billk - he is a tough interviewer, and his background is in investigative reporting. I would have gotten flustered and frustrated during an interview like that - that is especially why I think Susan did such a great job!
My kids do not go to the schools mentioned, we are in a suburb, but still they don't do hot lunch. They just got done packing their own vegan lunches.

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 201 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org