21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: January 2012 Kickstart Forum: Day 6 What RU eating?
Created on: 01/07/12 08:35 AM Views: 2481 Replies: 13
Day 6 What RU eating?
Posted Saturday, January 7, 2012 at 8:35 AM

So here we are at day 6! For those of you new to this, are you starting to notice a lightness in your mid-section? That was the first thing i noticed.

B-just had toast w/peanut butter & coffee w/soy milk.
l-haven't decided
d-probably the leftover burritos my hubby surprised me with last night. they were so good. they have brown rice, black beans, tofu, onions, pepper, zucchini, cumin.. delish. I would not have put both tofu & beans in it.. but i don't complain when i get home and there is dinner waiting. it was very good!

RE: Day 6 What RU eating?
Posted Saturday, January 7, 2012 at 8:47 AM

B oatmeal with banana and dash almond milk
L - Edamame stirfry with soba noodles
D - Seitan pot roast and kale (Happy herbivore)
Snacks - air popped popcorn (love it in the brown bag without anything) and fruit.

Kathy

Posted Saturday, January 7, 2012 at 10:03 AM

kathy.. what do you use as a stir fry sauce? i have never done popcorn in a paper bag...

i guess you just stick about a cup in a brown bag.. turn down the top.. Loosely??? and then lay it on it's side in the microwave??
do you put anything on the popcorn after it's done?

Posted Saturday, January 7, 2012 at 1:27 PM

B - Steel Cut Oats with pecans, brown sugar, and strawberries (St. Louis Breadco...Panera to you elsewhere...oh...we are a test market for this so hopefully one day Panera will have this nationwide)

L - Not too sure...but need to get my butt up to make some!

D - Planning on putting an eggplant pizza together.

Posted Saturday, January 7, 2012 at 1:29 PM

cch22 wrote:

do you put anything on the popcorn after it's done?

I hear nutritional yeast is a good popcorn topper. I had some on steamed broccoli and it was nice.

Posted Saturday, January 7, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Hello all! Yes I'm a newbie to veganism, but I am feeling great and enjoying my scale again!
B-Ezekial Cinnamon raisin toast with Tofuti Better than Cream Cheese and a grapefruit
L- salad and leftover kale and beans
D - Hmmm Stir fry and rice sounds good

Posted Saturday, January 7, 2012 at 2:05 PM

B- Granola, banana, and strawberry leather
L- haven't gotten there yet maybe a big salad with balsamic dressing?
D- stirfry- mushrooms,bell pepper, carrots, baby corn
S- pecans, mandarins oranges, and a bag of low sodium potato chips (naughty naughty)

Posted Saturday, January 7, 2012 at 6:32 PM

i had to pick up my mom at the airport.. so i had a late lunch.. 2:30! We wound up stopping at pf changs .. i had tofu coconut curry & veggies..with brown rice. ..i could manage to eat 1/2... really really good.

the other 1/2 is dinner...

Posted Saturday, January 7, 2012 at 10:38 PM

B - multigrain cheerios and Kashi go-lean with soy milk
- also coffee and soy milk

(actually Breakfast was a late brunch)

snacked on carrot sticks dairy-free dip

S - I decided to make a chunky corn chowder but decided to add extra veggies.
So I added onion, carrot, celery, garlic with water in a pot. When it was cooked I added salt, fresh ground pepper, broth, potatoes, chopped winter squash, a couple ripe tomatoes, corn, chopped kale, soy milk, then to thickened with arrowroot and soy milk.

Posted Saturday, January 7, 2012 at 10:38 PM

B - multigrain cheerios and Kashi go-lean with soy milk
- also coffee and soy milk

(actually Breakfast was a late brunch)

snacked on carrot sticks dairy-free dip

S - I decided to make a chunky corn chowder but decided to add extra veggies.
So I added onion, carrot, celery, garlic with water in a pot. When it was cooked I added salt, fresh ground pepper, broth, potatoes, chopped winter squash, a couple ripe tomatoes, corn, chopped kale, soy milk, then to thickened with arrowroot and soy milk.

Posted Saturday, January 7, 2012 at 10:49 PM

I made the Kale, Lemon & Cilantro Sandwich from the Engine2Diet book. I tear and steam approx 2 large Kale leaves for this sandwich. To make the sandwich you toast two slices of bread and spread one slice thickly with fat-free hummus, sprinkle chopped green onions and chopped cilantro on top of the hummus, add the kale and place approximately 1/2 lemon (sliced and peeled - I cut the slices into fourths for easier bitting) on top of the kale and then top with the second slice of toast. Excellent!

Edited 01/07/12 10:51 PM
Posted Sunday, January 8, 2012 at 12:40 AM

B: Gluten free oatmeal, 5 dates and soy milk
Coffee and mango juice.
L:smoothie with Chocolate almond milk, a small banana, tablespoon of peanut butter, rice protein powder.
D:Mushroom risotto and steamed broccoli.

SRazzumpkin spice "nog"

Lots of water

Posted Sunday, January 8, 2012 at 10:09 AM

cch22- PF Changs tofu coconut curry is my FAVORITE! I just never get to a PF-C it's 3 hrs away Sad
I can never eat the whole thing either, but it's great the next day!

Posted Sunday, January 8, 2012 at 6:14 PM

OK, I'm a newbie to this - and today was actually my first day with every meal (and snack) vegan. My biggest obstical has been the people around me (friends, family and especially hubby) who not only don't get why I'm attempting to do this, but have not even accepted my attempts to eat vegetarian. Luckily for me, hubby and I work very differnt schedules most of the time, so we seldom eat meals together.

B - ezekiel 4:9 toast with peanut butter and home-made mixed berry preserves

L - Yves meatless deli balogne, veggie slices "american flavor" cheese on a multi grain flatbread and raw kale and red pepper salad with flax oil and apple cider vinegar dressing.

S - small apple with peanut butter

D - stirfry of baby bok choy, carrots, red peppers, mushrooms, bean sprouts and baked tofu, marinated in nama shoyu, rice wine, garlic and ginger.

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 351 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org