21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: January 2012 Kickstart Forum: I'm gaining instead of losing
Created on: 01/07/12 10:36 PM Views: 1000 Replies: 3
I'm gaining instead of losing
Posted Saturday, January 7, 2012 at 10:36 PM

I know this sounds crazy, but I have gained two pounds. I have been a vegan for quite some time now and joined the Kickstart program to help me lose weight. I now have 10 pounds to lose. Can you help me? Surprised

RE: I'm gaining instead of losing
Posted Sunday, January 8, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Have you been following the menu suggestions here? Vegan is a big part, but the low-fat part is arguably the more difficult to implement. Do you want to jot down what you have been eating and share here?

Susan Levin, MS, RD
PCRM Director of Nutrition Education

Posted Sunday, January 8, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Thank you for your response, Susan. Yes, I have been following the menu suggestions. I switched a few around and I've come to the conclusion that for me, Dr. Mcdougall is right. If you want to lose weight, skip the bread, pasta, etc. and be careful eating too much fruit. I don't eat too much fruit and if I have fruit, it is usually in the morning with my steel cut oats or oatmeal. I usually don't snack and will probably go back to that. Pancakes may be nice for some, but they can add to the poundage. The Hoppin John was so delicious that I had that 3 days in a row. Somehow, i doubt that was the problem but who knows? To answer your question, yes, I have been sticking to the plan. Thank you for writing.

Posted Sunday, January 8, 2012 at 8:26 PM

You can absolutely try whatever you think might help. Just be sure to eat plenty of food regardless - don't "starve" yourself. Eating more vegetables and beans than processed grains certainly won't hurt!

Susan Levin, MS, RD
PCRM Director of Nutrition Education

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 288 active user sessions right now.
Registered Users Online: thaiworthy

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org