21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: April 2012 Kickstart Forum: Gas Pain...what to do about this?
Created on: 04/17/12 01:18 PM Views: 1315 Replies: 5
Gas Pain...what to do about this?
Posted Tuesday, April 17, 2012 at 1:18 PM

I am doing great so far...except the last few days I have gotten very gassy/bloated. Without being too detailed, I can't seem to relieve this, leaving me very painful gas pains, to the point I can't sleep at night. Any ways to remedy this?

RE: Gas Pain...what to do about this?
Posted Tuesday, April 17, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Hi,
First it is always tough to figure out exactly what causes the worst. So i would start a food diary. And then put notes on how you feel that day.. more than just gas or bloaty.

Then there is always beano.....

Posted Tuesday, April 17, 2012 at 3:00 PM

yeah, a food diary to track down culprits is good. Laying down on one's side, knees drawn up slightly (um can never remember right or left side - left I think, that's the side they turn you onto when doing colonoscopies so that's probably correct) helps it work itself out. Speaking of which, exercise (walking briskly if nothing else) can help relieve you as well. And, sometimes, slowly sipping lukewarm tea (like mint tea) can help - something about how the air and liquid interact seems to help.

--Deb R

Posted Tuesday, April 17, 2012 at 11:00 PM

There are a lot of things you can do for gas. But guys--beano has fish in it!!! Read the label. I think gas x makes an enzyme that is plant based. You can go walking to help the gas move around. That helps a lot. Do not drink things through as straw, drink less or no sodas. You can go online and find other ways to get rid of gas. Very Happy

Posted Tuesday, April 17, 2012 at 11:01 PM

I like the tea idea. Ginger, chamonile are good teas to help with gas.

Posted Wednesday, April 18, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Another suggestion from Dr. Fuhrman is to chew your food thoroughly - it should be a cream before you swallow it and most of your gas issues will disappear.

Also changing the soaking water for beans twice and discarding the water before cooking helps if the gas seems to be related to beans.

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 313 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org