21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: Main Kickstart Forum: Business Meetin Eating Etiquette
Created on: 05/21/13 12:26 PM Views: 1092 Replies: 5
Business-Meeting Eating Etiquette
Posted Tuesday, May 21, 2013 at 12:26 PM

So, I will be with a client tomorrow. We have a conference meeting with about eight people in the room, including my boss. The client usually orders sandwich trays with your normal fare, turkey, chick salad, ham and roast beef. I do not think it proper to ask for a special order (in fact, they usually order beforehand and do not ask for orders) and I do not want to make a big deal out of my diet.

What to do???

Edited 05/21/13 12:28 PM
RE: Business Meetin Eating Etiquette
Posted Tuesday, May 21, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Either eat what you can and leave the rest or take something of your own.

They often have subs, chips & cookie.. take the meat & cheese off the sub, scrape as much mayo off as possible.. or skip it entirely. YOu can eat the chips usually.

Or take a walk for lunch. Usually business lunches are an hour. So find a place you can eat close. Chinese places seem to be almost everywhere. steamed veggies & rice w/tofu.

Or you take an apple/orange/salad of your own. Say you are on a diet... if they even ask. Why should they? Don't offer, don't make excuses. Just eat what you want to eat.

if someone does ask.. you don't have to say anything except "I felt like a salad today." You can have the chips with it.. as long as they are plain.. no sour cream & cheese. lol.

If worse comes to worse and for whatever reason you are uncomfortable. You can CHOOSE to eat whatever you want, including whatever they are offering. Hey I have had a piece of cheese pizza at a party. It didn't ruin everything. But that happened because I went to the party without a plan.

Posted Wednesday, May 22, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Usually, they also have lettuce, tomato, etc. as sandwich toppings - maybe make a simple sandwich of lettuce, tomato, and etc. They might also have some fresh fruit as a 'side' - whether it's apples or bananas or a fruit salad of some sort. Add in some chips just to round things out a bit and it should be enough to tide you over.

--DebR

Posted Wednesday, May 22, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Usually, they also have lettuce, tomato, etc. as sandwich toppings - maybe make a simple sandwich of lettuce, tomato, and etc. They might also have some fresh fruit as a 'side' - whether it's apples or bananas or a fruit salad of some sort. Add in some chips just to round things out a bit and it should be enough to tide you over.

--DebR

Posted Thursday, May 23, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Just tell them you're on a heart-disease prevention diet. You can't eat anything with cholesterol.

Wash your back

Posted Thursday, May 23, 2013 at 6:58 PM

And tell them in advance.

Wash your back

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 1045 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org