21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: September 2012 Kickstart Forum: Trader Joe Fans?
Created on: 11/04/12 12:33 AM Views: 1281 Replies: 6
Trader Joe Fans?
Posted Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 12:33 AM

I checked out Trader Joe's for the first time yesterday. It's about 30 minutes away. On my way in, I was greeted by a display of brussel sprouts on stalks. A 2 foot long stalk for $3! (Made a recipe tonight that I found on the McDougall forum called Mustard Glazed Brussel Sprouts, which was a hit. Purchased a large Basil plant for $3 also. The brown rice vegetable sushi are delicious.

Anyone have Trader Joe favorites which I might look for on the next trip?

RE: Trader Joe Fans?
Posted Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 7:42 AM

My closest Trader Joes is 90+ minutes away so I only get there when traveling. I love their marinated mushrooms. No oil, so good. They also make a Spicy Black Bean dip that is awesome and an oil free marinara sauce that is very good.

Vikki ~

Posted Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Thanks, Vikki. Those all sound good. I'll keep them in mind for the next trip.

Posted Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 8:50 PM

I just went there this week. I don't go often - it is about 20-25 minutes each way through downtown, and I usually don't have the time for it. When I go, I usually stock up. Favorites are: frozen wild blueberries, OG frozen green beans, OG WW pasta, frozen mango, low sugar jams, rye crisps, mini WW pitas, balsamic vinegar (second best to a 25-year one that I get elsewhere for much more $), and multiseed crackers. There are also other things that are somewhat run of the mill, but cheaper there, and with natural ingredients.

Posted Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I love TJs but a friend is on a 60-day juice fast, and while traveling stocked up on juices from TJs. Ended up totally surprised when the container labeled 100% juice (carrot and others) on investigation (after purchase!) found it had FISH OIL in it! Really??? Fish oil in carrot juice??

Always offer kindness and a soft word to the beings around you; You do not know their journey. Your words can be the hug they need or the shove that breaks them.

Posted Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Thanks for the info, loveheart and Oceandog. I saw a reference to fish oil in Tropicana orange juice but I think it was being marketed as such. I don't drink juice so it's all news to me. I'll stick to my water with a splash of lemon.

Posted Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:40 PM

I was just so stunned when my friend sent me a pix of the label and the ingredients. Wow. I agree I prefer water with lemon or lime, but for people who follow a juice fast it certainly is important to make your own!

Always offer kindness and a soft word to the beings around you; You do not know their journey. Your words can be the hug they need or the shove that breaks them.

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 250 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org