21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: January 2012 Kickstart Forum: Day 10 What RU Eating??
Created on: 01/11/12 06:47 AM Views: 1524 Replies: 9
Day 10 What RU Eating??
Posted Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 6:47 AM

HI!
For me today it is just left-overs.

b-cereal
l-every veggie soup
d-squash & cornbread casserole

have a great day!! it is supposed to be snow and ice tonight....yuck

RE: Day 10 What RU Eating??
Posted Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 7:08 AM

b: usual cereal plant milk chocolate chips
l: leftovers of some sort (we've got a couple bits and pieces left from the last couple of days so I'll put something together since I work from home on Wednesdays)
d: unknown. We eat with others in our church congregation on most Wednesday nights, with different people taking turns cooking each week. Our turn is next week Very Happy so we can cook stuff we like - hubby is doing a winter root veggie soup and we'll pick up some bread from our favorite bread bakery to go with it. However, they're also predicting some cold nasty weather and we're having a houseguest arrive tomorrow, so we might just stay home tonight (gotta get a lot of cleaning done - the kinds of stuff you do when a guest will actually be spending the night, not just having dinner...)
s: fresh pineapple chunks, nibbles as needed (the advantage of working from home is not having to pack all my food first thing in the morning)

--Deb R

Posted Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 2:41 PM

B- leftover apple cinnamon oatmeal with added raisins
L- Portobello lettuce wrap with avocado and tomato
D- Black Bean Soup with brown rice
S- Grapes and apple

Yesterday, was my leftover day.

Posted Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Bugsmom wrote:

l: leftovers of some sort (we've got a couple bits and pieces left from the last couple of days so I'll put something together since I work from home on Wednesdays)
d: unknown. We eat with others in our church congregation on most Wednesday nights, with different people taking turns cooking each week. Our turn is next week Very Happy so we can cook stuff we like - hubby is doing a winter root veggie soup and we'll pick up some bread from our favorite bread bakery to go with it. However, they're also predicting some cold nasty weather and we're having a houseguest arrive tomorrow, so we might just stay home tonight (gotta get a lot of cleaning done - the kinds of stuff you do when a guest will actually be spending the night, not just having dinner...)
s: fresh pineapple chunks, nibbles as needed (the advantage of working from home is not having to pack all my food first thing in the morning)

--Deb R

Well, what I thought was leftover veg hash turned out to be diced veggies for soup (raw veg) so I made some chickpea salad and had that with some crackers for lunch.
Had an 'ogre mix' as a snack - about 3/4 cup of mixed nuts and dried fruit
Dinner is looking more like staying home and just cooking up some pasta and marinara sauce, quick and simple, so we can finish the housework for tomorrow.

--Deb R

Posted Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Breakfast - Cinnamon raisin oatmeal with a touch of vanilla rice milk and drizzled lightly with agave nectar
Lunch - leftover angelhair with chunky simple marinara, 1/2 a cucumber in vinegar, and 4 oreosSmile
Dinner - Baked sweet potato with quinoa pilaf
Dessert - berry mousse

Edited 01/11/12 4:39 PM
Posted Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Maybe I wasn't supposed to use blackberries in the berry mousse...the seeds really took away from the appeal of this dishSad If I make it again, will try blueberries instead. And my quinoa pilaf was pretty bland, next time I'll stick with my tried and true quinoa and black bean dish I usually make, its similar but has much more flavor for some reason. But on a positive note, these are the first recipes I've not been pleased with from the kickstart.

Posted Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 8:39 PM

B- Soy Yogurt
L - Homemade Vegan Pasta and Bean soup
D - Homemade Vegan Chili!! Yummy!

Snacks - Green Pepper slices, Apple, Salsa and corn chips, Pineapple

Edited 01/11/12 8:41 PM
Posted Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 9:50 PM

B- cereal with plant milk
L- leftover mexi corn salad and confetti couscous
D- Chipotle Vegi bowl --- today was the first day i wanted animal protien, the cheese and sour cream were calling my name at Chipotle, but I resisted...

Posted Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 7:08 AM

@ brenda... so after you had your tummy full.. was the dairy still calling your name? For me as long as i am not really really hungry, it is not a problem.

i do resist.... and after i eat, i think what was all the fuss about... and the more times i realize that the easier it is to not even think about.. just is not worth the ill health and fat.

Posted Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 8:21 AM

Bugsmom wrote:

d: unknown. We eat with others in our church congregation on most Wednesday nights, with different people taking turns cooking each week.
--Deb R

Bugsmom wrote:

Dinner is looking more like staying home and just cooking up some pasta and marinara sauce, quick and simple, so we can finish the housework for tomorrow.
--Deb R

Well, as it turned out, we did stay home but dinner was a potato and cabbage bake - mix of red and green cabbage and potato - both cooked up and then layered in a casserole dish with some onion and other seasonings (dill, garlic, etc) and baked until the top is lightly browned. Squirted on a little bit of spicy brown mustard at the table. yum!
--Deb R

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 353 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org