21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: January 2012 Kickstart Forum: Dr. Ornish's Multigrain Pancake recipe - question
Created on: 01/11/12 10:43 AM Views: 1646 Replies: 5
Dr. Ornish's Multigrain Pancake recipe - question
Posted Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 10:43 AM

I would love to try out Dr. Ornish's Multigrain Pancake recipe (from today's - Day 10 - Kickstart email) but there seems to be a small error in the list of ingredients. Baking powder is listed twice. I think that one of these (but which one?) is supposed to be baking soda. Confused

Could someone from the Kickstart Team clear this up for me? Thanks.

Anne

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that he didn't trust me so much." -- Mother Teresa

Posted Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Right you are. We'll find the original and correct it asap. Check back in a few minutes!

Susan Levin, MS, RD
PCRM Director of Nutrition Education

Posted Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 11:48 PM

I hate to admit defeat, but this typo is rampant! It appears this way in the actual book and even on other websites who use the recipe, including ABC's Good Morning America.

If I had to guess, and super chefs please chime in, I would say the 2 teaspoons would be baking POWDER and the 1 teaspoon would be baking SODA.

Susan Levin, MS, RD

RE: Dr Ornish's Multigrain Pancake recipe question
Posted Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Wow! Thanks for doing all that research to try to answer my question. I'm humbled.

Anne

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that he didn't trust me so much." -- Mother Teresa

Posted Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Thank YOU for noticing!! We will have to be in touch with Ornish's team to get the true story or possibly the publisher. I'm glad we now know to look.

Susan Levin, MS, RD

RE: Dr Ornish's Multigrain Pancake recipe question
Posted Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Very Happy You're welcome. I'm known for being detail-oriented. Please let me know if you find out the correction. Thanks.

Anne

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 361 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org