21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1 2   Next Page

Forums: January 2012 Kickstart Forum: Conichiwa
Created on: 01/11/12 03:16 PM Views: 5200 Replies: 38
Conichiwa
Posted Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Howdi Ladies (and Gents)

I'm back.

Just tried the Atkins diet for a couple of hours, but really missed having some, um, peer reviewed science that supports my diet.

Gonna try some of those banana slugs Oceandog was talking about and see if that beats the escargot cravings.

Just a quick piece of advice for Ms "Crazybitch" if you're still listening. By all means come back to the "well" as cch put it, but please don't urinate in it or try and demoralise everyone else in the process. Broadcasting your exit in front of the whole membership makes you look troll-like in my book, especially in light of your message history. I think a quiet PM to the moderators would've sufficed.

All the best anyway

Theodore

Wash your back

RE: Conichiwa
Posted Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Theodore you never fail to give me a giggle.

Vikki ~

Posted Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 3:35 PM

You're the sweetest, Vikki.

Theodore xx

Wash your back

Posted Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Well that was a great reality check. Troll didn't occur to me for one second. I feel very green now, but not in a good green way. I am laughing though, so I am not mortally damaged.

madeline yakimchuk
Director: MEET IRENE - An Unlikely Vegan
GRYPHON media productions

Posted Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 6:19 PM

I'm pretty sure I've got a spare trollometer somewhere, Madeleine. When I find it it's yours.

T

Wash your back

Posted Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Never thought of a troll. I guess they are every where. I experienced one on another forum that was VERY AGGRESSIVE !! Scary even.

Vikki ~

Posted Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Wild4Stars wrote:

Never thought of a troll. I guess they are every where. I experienced one on another forum that was VERY AGGRESSIVE !! Scary even.

They're definitely everywhere. Take the McDougall forum for instance, I'd say the trolls outnumber the genuine members on that forum. But that's no fault of Dr McDougall or the moderators. I think it's just the fact that the meat and dairy industries have so much money, they can afford to pay all these people to troll forums like this.

Wash your back

Posted Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 7:21 PM

kiwi wrote:

I choose this way of eating for health reasons. I eat honey at times as to me it is a natural sweetner. Rather honey than aspartaime artificial type sweetners. I wear a few leather products that I have had long before vegan eating (jacket, shoes). This means I am not vegan in the strickist 'activist' sense but so what. I do what I can and believe my choices are the best for my health and helps the planet in some way.

Wait a second, am I the only one here who gave up leather for health reasons ?

Wash your back

Posted Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 7:32 PM

what, no meat? I'm outta here, too.

Posted Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Okay, so what does a "troll" mean? I am not familiar with that term.

Well Theodore, should you decide to come for a visit I will see if I can round up some banana slugs. I can post a picture when I get home if you want to see if first. Though I have read that when eating this sort of thing you have to feed them cornmeal or some such for a while to clean them out inside. Maybe better to clean yourself out inside and skip the slimy things. Let me know. Smile

I am happy to say that most of the people here are fun and considerate. The thing all people need to realize is this is a progression! At one point I felt good not using the "pink stuff" for sweetener, then I read about the blue stuff and stopped that, then how white sugar is made and stopped that. I started on agave and have not read positive things about that... so try to stick to natural sugars, sometimes maple syrup, honey or rice syrup. I may change my mind though, after all this is about learning and progress!

Always offer kindness and a soft word to the beings around you; You do not know their journey. Your words can be the hug they need or the shove that breaks them.

Posted Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 12:49 AM

theodore wrote:

Just think of all the chemicals your body is not exposed to now! Of COURSE if was for health reasons! (the animals health too!)

As my mom is fighting cancer (today has over 1/3 of her right lung removed, last August an amputation above the knee) we are researching macrobiotics for her and one thing they do say is to avoid synthetic fabrics and chemicals! Soo... to keep that dead animal skin soft, it takes a lot of chemicals.

Bravo for you Theodore seeing that it really is about health! Smile

Always offer kindness and a soft word to the beings around you; You do not know their journey. Your words can be the hug they need or the shove that breaks them.

Posted Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 3:10 AM

txdoglover wrote:

what, no meat? I'm outta here, too.

See how that supercrazy woman has started a landslide. Darn her.

Wash your back

Posted Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 3:33 AM

Oceandog wrote:

to keep that dead animal skin soft, it takes a lot of chemicals.

Spot on as always, Ms Dog.

It also gave me some serious gas every time I wore it.

Oceandog wrote:

As my mom is fighting cancer (today has over 1/3 of her right lung removed, last August an amputation above the knee) we are researching macrobiotics for her

Honestly, I'm saying a prayer for your mom right now. Have you checked out Kris Carr's website http://crazysexylife.com ?

Theodore xx

Wash your back

Edited 01/12/12 4:17 AM
Posted Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 4:05 AM

theodore wrote:

[quote="kiwi"]

Apparently yes - you are.

I dont buy new leather products but why waste what I had before I turned vegan. The animal is already dead and I cant give its skin back. So it is my homage to the sacrifice the animal made in losing its life. I refuse to dishonor it by throwing away something still useful. Feel free to use my skin for something when I die. I wont be needing it anymore on this earth.

Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food - Hippocrates.

Posted Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 4:15 AM

kiwi wrote:

theodore wrote:
[quote="kiwi"]

Apparently yes - you are.

I dont buy new leather products but why waste what I had before I turned vegan. The animal is already dead and I cant give its skin back. So it is my homage to the sacrifice the animal made in losing its life. I refuse to dishonor it by throwing away something still useful. Feel free to use my skin for something when I die. I wont be needing it anymore on this earth.

That's cool Kiwi. No-one's judging you.

Me, I had no choice, because it gave me such serious gas every time I wore it.

Also the chemical thing that Oceandog mentioned.

Wash your back

Posted Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 4:58 AM

I have not heard of the health problems before. You and Oceandog are the first. I wonder if it makes a difference where the leather is from (i.e. how its tanned). Im not advocating that everyone go out and buy a lot of leather products but there are more cheap leather products on the market these days from some interesting places (one starts wih C) and who knows what chemicals are used in countries where there is little to no regulation.
E.g products from one country with issues that i remember being in the news:
Childrens toys - found to have dangerously high lead levels in paint.
Dog food - recalled due to contaminents and dogs getting sick/dying
Babys milk powder - babies died due to chemical added.

and so on and so forth.

Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food - Hippocrates.

Posted Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 8:05 AM

I gave away all my small leather things, purses, etc, but our couch set is 15 years old and running strong, but when it's time comes it will be replaced vegan. Can't justify to hubby why we should throw the couch out. Seriously, are there really health problems with leather? I thought you all were just kidding around....
Kiwi, it's okay to say the "c" word. we know which "c" word you are referring to, anyway....Smile

Posted Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 8:07 AM

oh yeah, I forgot to say "I'm Back", turns out the meat thing didn't work. Too disgusting.

Posted Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Oceandog wrote:

Okay, so what does a "troll" mean? I am not familiar with that term.

They're folks who sign up for public forums like this and then basically stir up whatever the most likely hornet's nest is - talking meat, dairy leather on a vegan forum; talking Republican on a Democrat forum (or talking either on a Libertarian forum); talking about the benefits of public schools on a homeschool forum; etc. Often, they start out asking seemingly 'innocent' questions but once someone answers the question, they start taking potshots and picking a fight. Sometimes, too, they'll hover and see if there are 'side issues' in the group (such as leather or honey) and deliberately 'poke' that subject then sit back and enjoy the fireworks, adding just enough to the conversation to fan the flames.

--Deb R

Posted Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 8:51 AM

I LOVE this forum! Even tho I have no friggin' clue what this thread is about Laughing

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1 2   Next Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 182 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org