21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: Main Kickstart Forum: sandwich makers
Created on: 02/12/13 05:33 PM Views: 683 Replies: 4
sandwich makers
Posted Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 5:33 PM

I just discovered a great new use for my sandwich maker. Veggie burgers!
The Net is full of exciting recipes and now there is no need to use a drop of oil for frying, because the veggie burger goes right into the sandwich maker which has a non stick surface.
For lunch I made mashed potato cakes with veg, herb and chickpeas. For dinner I used a recipe for quinoa and spinach casserole.
Plant based cooking is so much more exciting than meat cooking! I can't imagine getting excited about different ways to cook a hamburger, but the variety of veggie burgers out there is astounding.

RE: sandwich makers
Posted Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 6:11 PM

That's really great Beatrice. That is wonderful you are enjoying plant-based cooking. I enjoy it too. I love making Rip Esselstyn's panini sandwich in a panini maker. I will have to try this for veggie burgers. Thanks for the idea!

Posted Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 8:17 PM

LOL...I feel the same way. Whenever anyone talks to me about my "diet", they want to know if I miss meat or milk or whatever it is. I can honestly say I really don't miss it at all.

Here's a webpage I use to make veggie burgers.

http://www.veganlunchbox.com/loaf_studio.html

Yay!!

Posted Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 8:26 PM

That is one of my biggest motivators, all the delicious recipes! I literally have hundreds (if not over a thousand) different recipes in books and websites. It is never boring. I'm actually sad thinking that I'll never be able to try them all LOL

- Amanda
Be the change you wish to see in the world...

Posted Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Yes, the unlimited variety of veggie burger recipes makes them so much more interesting than a beef burger, which I've never missed.I use my Foreman grill for a Panini press.

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 430 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org