21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: January 2012 Kickstart Forum: Good Morning!
Created on: 01/12/12 07:23 AM Views: 963 Replies: 6
Good Morning!
Posted Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 7:23 AM

Hi
So here we are.. a little more than 1/2 way. I am sitting with my morning coffee... trying to determine if i should give it up? maybe..

I remember I used to roll out of bed and jump right into the shower.. always had a lot of energy. Now i get up and have coffee.. it takes me an hour or so to get motivated to do anything. After that hour, i exercise & get going with my day.

Perhaps i should just jump in the shower, exercise and then shower again? and no coffee.. Thinking..
What is your morning routine like? has it ever been different? what way did/do you feel better?

atthe very least i might think about having a slice of toast with my coffee??
do you re-evaluate how you spend your days?

RE: Good Morning!
Posted Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 8:38 AM

cch22 wrote:

Hi
So here we are.. a little more than 1/2 way. I am sitting with my morning coffee... trying to determine if i should give it up? maybe..

I remember I used to roll out of bed and jump right into the shower.. always had a lot of energy. Now i get up and have coffee.. it takes me an hour or so to get motivated to do anything. After that hour, i exercise & get going with my day.

Perhaps i should just jump in the shower, exercise and then shower again? and no coffee.. Thinking..
What is your morning routine like? has it ever been different? what way did/do you feel better?

atthe very least i might think about having a slice of toast with my coffee??
do you re-evaluate how you spend your days?

How about exercise then shower, instead of showering twice? Or, do you need to make yourself 'presentable' for public (going out to the gym)?

My mornings are pretty standard - get up, shower, test my blood sugar, eat breakfast (if you check back on the what are you eating threads, it's always the exact same, except maybe on Saturdays), pack my food for work (and any other things I need for the day), get dressed, kiss hubby and son, feed the dog and head to work. Exercise is hitting the treadmill after hubby and I clean up the kitchen after dinner. Sometimes I'll also do a bit of light weight training (5 lb hand weights for upper body work) and/or some simple beginner yoga (routines designed for folks with arthritis and such, so no getting down on the floor and all, using a chair for balance/support as needed). Still working on adjusting my routine to get more of the weights and yoga into the mix. So, yea, I guess I do re-evaluate how I arrange things in my day somewhat. I tend to prefer quiet for the first little while when I get up - oh, I generally read a bit of a magazine article or two while I eat my cereal to get my brain going.

--Deb R

Posted Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Maybe you need to break the fast. I have a veggie protein drink when I get up-then I have my coffee. You just don't have any calories to have any energy with just coffee. Also, when did you eat last? Dr.Barnard suggests having oatmeal at night as your last meal.Carbs help you sleep better.

Posted Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Maybe you need to break the fast. I have a veggie protein drink when I get up-then I have my coffee. You just don't have any calories to have any energy with just coffee. Also, when did you eat last? Dr.Barnard suggests having oatmeal at night as your last meal.Carbs help you sleep better.

Posted Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 8:51 AM

linnie81 wrote:

I know, for me, I *must* eat shortly after getting up in the morning. I have my hot-wake-me-up beverage once I'm at work - Bengal Spice tea, no caffeine at all, but cinnamon, ginger, and black pepper (among other stuff) give it a nice slightly sweet kick that's an eye opener.

--Deb R

Posted Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 12:04 PM

My life has changed drastically over the last several years. I have been help to provide care for my sister and my mom for nearly 2 years now, so my lifestyle changes are variable and not what they used to be.

I do find I don't have the energy I used to and I am tired more than I used to be, but in most other ways feel so much better.

My mornings (when not traveling and until I start work again) are feed my dogs immediately and medicate them (they are sick too Crying or Very sad ). Then walk Bosco. When I get back I do some yoga or tai chi, sometimes both. Then I start my day. I think the only thing that would change when I start working again will be the time I wake up.

Man am I blue this morning. I think the doctors results last night finally sunk in. I am so grateful for all of you.

Always offer kindness and a soft word to the beings around you; You do not know their journey. Your words can be the hug they need or the shove that breaks them.

Posted Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 12:18 PM

I don't function well in the morning until I have exercised. Once I get the little kids off on the bus, I either head to the treadmill in the basement, or to the health club. Yesterday I did a killer spin class - it wipes me out for a bit, but overall gives me an energy boost the rest of the day. I was beat at the end of the day, but then I realized how much I had done that day - lots of cooking, three loads of laundry, five errands, painting a few boards on the house, three scheduling phone calls, running kids to piano, gymnastics, and cookie selling, household financial work, and some client work.

I do even better once I have exercised, showered, eaten, and had some tea. I only drink herbal, twig, or decaf teas, but it still has an energizing effect.

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 265 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org