21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: April 2012 Kickstart Forum: Thank you
Created on: 04/22/12 08:54 AM Views: 1214 Replies: 8
Thank you
Posted Sunday, April 22, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Thank you for all the information and resources made available during this 21 day vegan kickstart. I am new to this experience and found it challenging but very exciting. Within this short period of time I can feel the difference in the way my clothes fit more loosely but I have not lost any weight. But that is okay. I will definitely stay on this diet and look forward to the next session.

RE: Thank you
Posted Sunday, April 22, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Agree wholeheartedly.

RE: Thank you
Posted Sunday, April 22, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Thank YOU for participating. I look forward to seeing you next time as well!

Susan Levin, MS, RD
PCRM Director of Nutrition Education

RE: Thank you
Posted Monday, April 23, 2012 at 8:21 AM

I would also like to thank PCRM for this effort, it opened up a new door for us. My sincere thanks goes out to the forum participants who shared their experiences and suggestions, which I believe helped out the newbies.

It felt strange not to receive an e-mail from PCRM this morning, so until the next time, good luck to everybody

RE: Thank you
Posted Wednesday, April 25, 2012 at 10:03 AM

I definitely feel like the Kickstart is ahead of it's time. Maybe partly because you guys show the date the wrong way round. But also because I've seen a lot of organisations at work, and none of them are doing anything like this.

On the one hand you've got government and medical groups giving people watered down guidelines because they don't want to offend the food industry. And on the other hand, you've got vegan advocates promoting high-fat processed food diets because their only care is for people to go vegan regardless of their health. But PCRM cuts through the b.s. on both sides and tells it like it is. I guess that's why they sometimes get vented on from both sides, but it's also why I have so much respect for them.

I just wish they'd do a Kickstart London every now and then. Like with a menu in proper English and such. None of this "oz" nonsense. What is "oz" anyway ? Is it something to do with Dr Oz ? Or the wizard of Oz ? Honestly, they do a menu in Chinese, but they can't be bothered to do a menu in proper English. What's up with that, PCRM ? I think you need to wake up and smell the Earl Grey, before you make an enemy out of London. Not recommended. We'll crush you. That's all I'm saying.

Theodore

Wash your back

Edited 04/25/12 10:08 AM
RE: Thank you
Posted Wednesday, April 25, 2012 at 10:13 AM

theodore wrote:

I just wish they'd do a Kickstart London every now and then. Like with a menu in proper English and such. None of this "oz" nonsense. What is "oz" anyway ? Is it something to do with Dr Oz ? Or the wizard of Oz ? Honestly, they do a menu in Chinese, but they can't be bothered to do a menu in proper English. What's up with that, PCRM ? I think you need to wake up and smell the Earl Grey, before you make an enemy out of London. Not recommended. We'll crush you. That's all I'm saying.

Theodore

LOL Tried Earl Grey tea once...once... because Captain Jean-Luc Picard likes his tea, Earl Grey, hot. If y'all have been drinking that all these centuries, it's no wonder you lost the colonies Wink

On the other hand, we started the switch over to grams for measurement in our household 5 or 6 yrs ago for two reasons: first, we like watching Alton Brown's Good Eats program on the Food Network. The majority of the time, he measures in grams when dealing with things like flour. second, we started grinding our own grain and there is a difference between fresh ground whole wheat and packaged whole wheat flours. Measuring by grams works better for this.

--Deb R

RE: Thank you
Posted Wednesday, April 25, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Bugsmom wrote:

LOL Tried Earl Grey tea once...once... because Captain Jean-Luc Picard likes his tea, Earl Grey, hot. If y'all have been drinking that all these centuries, it's no wonder you lost the colonies Wink

Our strength doesn't come from our colonies, Deb. Our strength comes from the ease with which we impersonate other nations' accents. And the difficulty that those nations experience when trying to impersonate our accent. Not counting Sean Connery.

Bugsmom wrote:

On the other hand, we started the switch over to grams for measurement in our household 5 or 6 yrs ago for two reasons: first, we like watching Alton Brown's Good Eats program on the Food Network. The majority of the time, he measures in grams when dealing with things like flour. second, we started grinding our own grain and there is a difference between fresh ground whole wheat and packaged whole wheat flours. Measuring by grams works better for this.

It's the only sensible way, Deb.

Best to you.

Theodore

Wash your back

RE: Thank you
Posted Wednesday, April 25, 2012 at 4:40 PM

theodore wrote:

Our strength comes from the ease with which we impersonate other nations' accents. And the difficulty that those nations experience when trying to impersonate our accent. Not counting Sean Connery.[\quote]
No kidding! Imagine my surprise when I heard Hugh Laurie with his own accent! And here I thought Dr. House was from the US.

Bugsmom wrote:

On the other hand, we started the switch over to grams for measurement in our household 5 or 6 yrs ago for two reasons: first, we like watching Alton Brown's Good Eats program on the Food Network. The majority of the time, he measures in grams when dealing with things like flour. second, we started grinding our own grain and there is a difference between fresh ground whole wheat and packaged whole wheat flours. Measuring by grams works better for this.

It's the only sensible way, Deb.

Best to you.

Theodore

Of course, weren't y'all the ones that started all that yards and feet stuff with, as one of my business associates often says "dead kings' body parts".

--Deb R

RE: Thank you
Posted Wednesday, April 25, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Bugsmom wrote:

Of course, weren't y'all the ones that started all that yards and feet stuff with, as one of my business associates often says "dead kings' body parts".

We definitely invented the yard and the foot. But I don't think they had anything to do with dead kings' body parts. I don't think they had anything to do with anyone's body parts. A "foot", for instance, is just a word that was chosen to describe something 12 inches in length. Like I could say that my forearm is a "foot".

The main objective was to choose a word that couldn't be mis-spelled by you guys. Like what had happened with metre previously.

Wash your back


New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 429 active user sessions right now.
Registered Users Online: kittens09

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org