21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: Main Kickstart Forum: Rare "snow storm"
Created on: 01/28/14 06:51 PM Views: 383 Replies: 1
Rare "snow storm"
Posted Tuesday, January 28, 2014 at 6:51 PM

We're having one of our rare "snow storms" here in the south (I live in South Carolina now but was originally from upstate New York). Therefore, I'm making a pot of black bean chili tonight. That and corn bread (homemade) will be great to warm up the body and soul! Being origionally from the north it really gets me how some people down here get freaked out over an inch of snow, but it is what it is. Of course, with the little snowfall we get down here, it wouldn't make economic sense to have a lot of snow removal equipment, etc., and we don't get enough of the frozen stuff for people down here to become adept at driving in it.

Jen

Edited 01/28/14 6:54 PM
RE: Rare "snow storm"
Posted Wednesday, January 29, 2014 at 12:47 PM

It's the same situation here in south Texas. I'm from New England. It's better just to stay home when the winter storm hits (we had mostly sleet) because, like you said, they don't have the equipment to clear the roads. The storm we had last week resulted in many accidents.

It is perfect chili weather. I made a pot of black eyed pea chili from fatfreevegan.com. It was so good.

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 357 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org