21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: January 2012 Kickstart Forum: Skin Benefits
Created on: 01/14/12 08:41 AM Views: 1199 Replies: 4
Skin Benefits
Posted Saturday, January 14, 2012 at 8:41 AM

There are so many benefits to a plant based diet to talk about...but the skin health benefit is so obvious I think it needs more discusssion...

My wife and I both wish we had known about it when we were teenagers...we both feel like we look 10 years younger even now. I hope some teenagers are eating plants and have experienced the difference. To have good skin at that age might be life changing!
We also, like to think about, if the "outside" (skin) looks this good - imagine how good the "inside" looks!

RE: Skin Benefits
Posted Saturday, January 14, 2012 at 10:29 AM

What a great way to think about it. I'll have to use that when people mention the skin benefits.

Susan Levin, MS, RD
PCRM Director of Nutrition Education

Posted Saturday, January 14, 2012 at 10:40 AM

HVANWINKLE wrote:

There are so many benefits to a plant based diet to talk about...but the skin health benefit is so obvious I think it needs more discusssion...

My wife and I both wish we had known about it when we were teenagers...we both feel like we look 10 years younger even now. I hope some teenagers are eating plants and have experienced the difference. To have good skin at that age might be life changing!
We also, like to think about, if the "outside" (skin) looks this good - imagine how good the "inside" looks!

What an upper this Saturday morning! Thanks for your post.

A WFPB diet that eliminates so many empty calories is feeding your skin with all those phytochemicals - no wonder! PLUS - and this is big - we are getting a lot of 'purified' water content in our food. This is why when our diets are full of fruits, veggies, starchy veggies and intact whole grains that have a lot of water in them - we don't have to think so much about 'drinking xyz number of glasses of water a day'.

Congrats on your successes!

Lani

Arrow facebook too

Lani Muelrath, M.A. CGFI, CPBN
Fit Quickies: The Plant-Based Fitness Book

Posted Monday, January 16, 2012 at 7:15 PM

We need a "like" button! Laughing I love the way you look at it. When I first changed to a vegan diet, honestly my skin got super dry for a couple weeks. Once I added a little (1-2 tsp/day) olive oil to my diet, though. it worked itself out and my skin is clearer than ever. I never thought my skin was bad at all, but even my meat eating hubby has noticed how clear my skin is now. Cool

Posted Monday, January 16, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Oops...double post. Embarassed

Edited 01/16/12 7:16 PM

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 172 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org