Kickstarters,

What helped you to make the transition
to a vegan menu for the 21 days?

Brigitte

Food Can Get You In Trouble or It Can Help You Thrive

www.WomenFoodCoach.com

RE: What was your “Easy Transition?”
Posted Monday, April 23, 2012 at 9:55 AM

For me it didn't really stick until my 3rd kickstart. I have been vegan since January 2010. I think, like a lot of people, I was making it so much harder than it really is. Just keep it simple. Veggies, whole grains, beans, fruits. Combine, create, experiment, but don't make it harder than it really is.

Vikki ~

Posted Monday, April 23, 2012 at 9:55 AM

In our first kickstart, having the whole family (me, hubby, 13 yr old son) on board was really helpful - especially since hubby is the household chef. If he wasn't willing to try it, it probably wouldn't have happened. Also, knowing that it was "only" 21 days and we could go back if we wanted to, and for that matter, we could hold onto whatever we wanted to (since no one would know unless we said something about it - and in that first kickstart, on the "day x" threads, I'd still include my one Greek style yogurt as a snack). From there, adding new recipe ideas was important, learning to DIY with known ingredients (swapping out grains, adding new veggies, etc) so that we could have variety and comfort foods at the same time.

--Deb R

Posted Monday, April 23, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Thanks Brigett,
Seeing continuing health improvements from each Kickstart I took part in and knowing changes would continue to occur having read remarks,comments and suggestions with perseverance and applying the program to the best of my ability.
gingerstyme

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 181 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org