21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: April 2012 Kickstart Forum: 4th Kickstart ends as a Nutritional Vegan Graduate
Created on: 04/23/12 10:03 AM Views: 1836 Replies: 6
4th Kickstart ends as a Nutritional Vegan Graduate
Posted Monday, April 23, 2012 at 10:03 AM

I am Celebrating the ending of this Kickstart, my 4th, as a Graduate Vegan. Thank you past & present PCRM Kickstart team, celebrities, web casts and forum member’s expertise as I can say I am officially a nutritional, plant-based, Vegan graduate.

Hopefully everyone is able to see the brilliant sunshine & my smiles of a healthy success radiating over the Canadian Rocky Mountains.
Changes–changes-changes! Planning-planning-planning!

Transitioning. Yes,” it has taken time for me“to accomplish & achieve what I set out on my personal journey for my healthy lifestyle changes.

This was my fourth 21-day Kickstart program since Nov 2011 where I began my introduction for nutritional changes towards being a plant-based vegan. Prior to fall of 2011 I ate a non-plant–based diet. Then I became a vegetarian/vegan with my first Kickstart India, Jan 2012 Kickstart, Kickstart China Mar. 2012 & made the decision for April 2012 to eat vegan only. Success!

Planning and making the best choices/decisions has been very beneficial & possible for me to be successful & stay on the design of each of the Kickstart programs each day whether at home or away.

I adapted and/or modified my choices or preferences to certain foods (availability) while learning more & applying the info to enhance my vegan lifestyle & tastes with more nutritional diverse variation with the use of herbs, spices & other flavorings (these taste-enhancers satisfy my cravings for flavor with little fat & calories) in making my healthy choices irresistible with the Kickstart variations of food & menus plans. I have continued to achieve and succeed with my overall health improvements, one step and one day at a time:
Walking/Activity level: I continue to walk 5miles – 7 miles or more per day (more when vacationing) using my pedometer faithfully everyday to be accountable to myself. ( lol …Theodore – people are still trying to find me!)
Weight Loss: My total weight loss from Nov 2011 to April 2012 is 15lbs. I was maintaining with initial loss although this month lost another 1 lb. for total loss of 15 lbs. Weight is 128.75 lbs. today and I’m enjoying increased energy and excellent glucose readings.
My glucose numbers: Continue to be at healthier levels: 4.8 – 5.9 mmol/L daily thanks to the Kickstart plans lifestyle changes I’m making and losing the extra weight. (I have a glucose monitor at home)
My blood pressure: Fluctuates daily between 121/79 – 118/78, these are fantastic readings compared to higher reading prior to my first Nov 2011 Kickstart India. (I have a blood pressure monitor at home)
Total Cholesterol reading: was 3.8 mmol/L in Feb 2012. Medical update for current readings later this spring so I am looking forward to finding out. This was a good reading for me as a diabetic.
Thank you everyone.Enjoy the blossoming of spring, gifts of Mother Nature and your own Personal Successes.
gingerstyme

Posted Monday, April 23, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Gingerstime

Congratulation and amazing how a plant base diet is so good for you.

Love the healthy breakdown you posted

Brigitte

Food Can Get You In Trouble or It Can Help You Thrive

www.WomenFoodCoach.com

RE: 4th Kickstart ends
Posted Monday, April 23, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Congrats and thanks for sharing!! It's good to know that it takes time to incorporate all these healthy changes but probably less time than some might think. Again your post was very inspiring!

Posted Monday, April 23, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Thank you for taking the time to share this, I know it will be helpful for the new Kickstarters and people struggling. I can tell you the longer you do this, the more natural it will become and the more satisfied and settled you will feel. Then one day you will realize you can't really remember any other way and you feel content.

Always offer kindness and a soft word to the beings around you; You do not know their journey. Your words can be the hug they need or the shove that breaks them.

Posted Monday, April 23, 2012 at 2:20 PM

That's what I call progress, Gingerstyme.

May God bless you. And may God bless North America. And certain parts of Western Europe.

Theodore

Wash your back

Posted Monday, April 23, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Brigitte, veg4life, oceandog & Theodore,

Theodore, I knew the Canadian Rocky Mountain Sunshine and my smiles would radiate resourcefully over to Western Europe to resourcefully assist with saving energy there and here. lol...

The comments, concerns, suggestions, ideas, wit & humor, resources, references & personal knowledge shared received to myself and many others from the Kickstart forums is a tremendous personal support from the newbies to the seasoned vegans as you all have been my mentors, role models, motivation and inspiration as I continue to glean what I want & need for myself personally as a nutritional vegan. I continue to learn from this earthly resourceful classroom of teachers & students.

I still consider myself a newbie until the day comes as oceandog says:” I can tell you the longer you do this, the more natural it will become and the more satisfied and settled you will feel. “Then one day you will realize you can't really remember any other way and you feel content.”

I have formed many natural habits as I am still continually checking the source and information for the food products I consume… thanks that will be so fantastic oceandog for me to look forward to.

It truly is more than amazing how a nutritional plant-based lifestyle has made changes to my overall health since Nov. 2011, I am content. Thank you immensely for all the kind, encouraging and supporting words!

Sunshine & Joyful Blessings to all,
gingerstyme

Posted Monday, May 14, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Oceandog wrote:

Thank you for taking the time to share this, I know it will be helpful for the new Kickstarters and people struggling. I can tell you the longer you do this, the more natural it will become and the more satisfied and settled you will feel. Then one day you will realize you can't really remember any other way and you feel content.

Kym,

I was at a loose end, so I was re-reading the various messages on this April forum. I think you really nailed this one.

T

Wash your back

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 357 active user sessions right now.
Registered Users Online: dilaney, theodore

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org