21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: April 2012 Kickstart Forum: Will you still eat vegan after Kickstart
Created on: 04/23/12 05:13 PM Views: 1926 Replies: 10
Will you still eat vegan after Kickstart
Posted Monday, April 23, 2012 at 5:13 PM

So we all agree that the 21 day Kickstart is fantastic

Are you planning to continue eating a plant base diet after Kickstart?

Brigitte

Food Can Get You In Trouble or It Can Help You Thrive

www.WomenFoodCoach.com

RE: Will you still eat vegan after Kickstart
Posted Monday, April 23, 2012 at 5:22 PM

I have been vegan since my third kick-start, January 2010. I keep joining the new kick-starts because I always learn something new.

Vikki ~

Posted Monday, April 23, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Definitely. Started plant based eating in Oct. I will definitely continue.

Posted Monday, April 23, 2012 at 5:53 PM

I have not eat meat in the last 12 years

Went off Dairy and eggs 1 year ago and
totally planning to maintain a low fat whole food plant base diet

And I feel so much better

Brigitte

Food Can Get You In Trouble or It Can Help You Thrive

www.WomenFoodCoach.com

Posted Monday, April 23, 2012 at 8:18 PM

I have been vegetarian, vegan mostly, for over 21 years now. I will definitely stick to it! Smile

Always offer kindness and a soft word to the beings around you; You do not know their journey. Your words can be the hug they need or the shove that breaks them.

Posted Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at 9:18 AM

we've been vegan mostly since the first kickstart we did in fall 2010. Yeah, sometimes we slide back to vegetarian and sometimes we are on the vegan side but not quite low fat and sometimes we're right on track. We were mostly vegetarian for a couple years prior to the kickstart - first red meat, then liquid milk, then poultry and fish, then the kickstart. First kickstart, I actually got rid of cheese but kept one yogurt per day in my eating. By the time the Jan 2011 kickstart came around, I had dropped the yogurt (because it was getting expensive more than anything else - when I had to choose between fresh kale and other veg and the yogurt, the yogurt got dropped and never picked back up).

We'd been slipping a bit prior to this kickstart and even hubby wanted to get more back on track recently.

--Deb R

Posted Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Yesterday continued eating vegan and had cereal in the morning. I will continue to eat vegan but I don't know if I will be able to stick to it when I travel overseas.

Posted Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at 12:44 PM

I had milk and an egg for the first time yesterday. Not because the diet was over, but because I have been feeling a lot of muscle weakness almost since the beginning. It made me sad to do it, as I really believe the idea of being vegan. But today I feel much better and can't help but wonder if it's because of the milk and egg . . . .
So I'm not sure yet how I will continue.

Posted Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Years ago I gave up milk thinking it wasn't good for health. The last two years approximately I went from meat-eater to eating vegan. The kickstarts made it a lot easier.
I really wouldn't know how to be a vegetarian instead of vegan. Every time I think of cheese I think: 70% fat! when I think of dairy products I think about hormones and antibiotics and pus. I got rid of all my cooking oils about a year ago. When I think of eggs I think of cholesterol and the poor chickens who may not have the best of a life.

I don't focus on what I don't eat. I spend all of my time focusing on the whole new big world of wonderful food options that has opened up. Its been so exciting learning about and trying new foods and learning how to cook. When I see a recipe with a food I don't think I will like, on purpose I try it anyway because often, prepared another way, I like it. Its exhilirating, refreshing, and interesting eating a healthy vegan way. And I think that in this forum and PCRM will you will find some of the most loving, caring, wonderful people there are.

Edited 04/24/12 1:58 PM
Posted Wednesday, April 25, 2012 at 5:18 AM

Definitely will continue to eat vegan. My family is not, but we have more and more meatless nights as a whole. They don't mind. I have been vegan for a little over a year and vegetarian for several before that. As far as going back to meat/dairy after this kickstart, I just really think you should avoid the dairy, the casein in dairy is just like fertilizer for your lawn. It makes cancer grow (China study/Forks over Knives). I'm so glad I was never a big dairy personn and have not had milk since I had my daughter 14 years ago. Cheese was never anything I "needed". But all I can say is like was said before think of all the stuff you can have not what you gave up. I don't feel like I gave up anything. I just expanded my eating to different and new things.

Kathy

Posted Wednesday, April 25, 2012 at 8:08 PM

The Kickstart definitely has had an impact on the way we will eat in the future and it made our family realize all the "stuff" that is in the foods we ate before.
I grew up on a dairy farm so it feels a little unloyal to stopping all dairy products but it hasn't been as hard as expected.
Vegan is no longer the scary word it once was.

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 420 active user sessions right now.
Registered Users Online: cheddah, Lizzie

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org