21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: September 2012 Kickstart Forum: Dropped cholesterol and triglycerides!!
Created on: 09/20/12 02:51 PM Views: 1431 Replies: 7
Dropped cholesterol and triglycerides!!
Posted Thursday, September 20, 2012 at 2:51 PM

I had to share that since I restarted my vegan diet, my cholesterol dropped over 30 points and my triglycerides over 40!
I had slipped into a vegetarian diet for several months this winter and wound up with high cholesterol and triglycerides and now I am doing so much better!
I'm really motivated again and hope this encourages anyone who may have some of these issues.
2 doctors who wanted me to go on medication, were pleasantly surprised in what I was able to accomplish in 6 weeks! (I went back to being vegan a few weeks before the 21 day kickstart!)

RE: Dropped cholesterol and triglycerides!!
Posted Thursday, September 20, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Awesome!
That's got to be great motivation, so keep up the good work!

Come visit me at:
http://vegpedlr.net

Posted Friday, September 21, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Congrats, Morgan.

Wash your back

Posted Friday, September 21, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Good for you. Although to be honest I'm not surprised.

Posted Friday, September 21, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

Posted Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 4:21 AM

I STARTED KICKSTART A BIT LATE....A WEEK LATE. I HAVE/HOPEFULLY HAD AGINA AND HAD TO TAKE A SUB-LINGUAL NITRO BEFORE I WOULD WALK OUT THE DOOR. BUT HONESTLY, THE PAST 2 WEEKS HAVE GIVEN ME A NEW LEASE ON LIFE. I COULD NOT BELIEVE THE DIFFERENCE COULD SHOW UP SO SOON. NO ANIMAL PRODUCTS WHATSOEVER. LOTS OF VEGGIES AND I TRIED BROWN RICE..ALTHOUGH I STILL HAVE A HARD TIME WITH CARBS, AS I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AFRAID OF THEM CAUSE OF WEIGHT. I DO NOT, HOWEVER HAVE A REGULAR BM...AND THIS CONCERNS ME. ANY SUGGESTIONS....

Posted Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 4:21 AM

I STARTED KICKSTART A BIT LATE....A WEEK LATE. I HAVE/HOPEFULLY HAD AGINA AND HAD TO TAKE A SUB-LINGUAL NITRO BEFORE I WOULD WALK OUT THE DOOR. BUT HONESTLY, THE PAST 2 WEEKS HAVE GIVEN ME A NEW LEASE ON LIFE. I COULD NOT BELIEVE THE DIFFERENCE COULD SHOW UP SO SOON. NO ANIMAL PRODUCTS WHATSOEVER. LOTS OF VEGGIES AND I TRIED BROWN RICE..ALTHOUGH I STILL HAVE A HARD TIME WITH CARBS, AS I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AFRAID OF THEM CAUSE OF WEIGHT. I DO NOT, HOWEVER HAVE A REGULAR BM...AND THIS CONCERNS ME. ANY SUGGESTIONS....

Posted Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Morganlefay wrote:

I had to share that since I restarted my vegan diet, my cholesterol dropped over 30 points and my triglycerides over 40!
I had slipped into a vegetarian diet for several months this winter and wound up with high cholesterol and triglycerides and now I am doing so much better!
I'm really motivated again and hope this encourages anyone who may have some of these issues.
2 doctors who wanted me to go on medication, were pleasantly surprised in what I was able to accomplish in 6 weeks! (I went back to being vegan a few weeks before the 21 day kickstart!)

Morgan,

Thanks for sharing your news and how absolutely motivating! You go!

Lani

facebook
lanimuelrath.com

Lani Muelrath, M.A. CGFI, CPBN
Fit Quickies: The Plant-Based Fitness Book

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 446 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org