21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: January 2012 Kickstart Forum: Healthy Rye or Sour Dough Bread
Created on: 01/17/12 11:35 AM Views: 1166 Replies: 4
Healthy Rye or Sour Dough Bread
Posted Tuesday, January 17, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Other than the very dense, heavy breads you find in health food stores (that look like a tiny brick), has anyone found a good brand of low glycemic bread?

Or maybe has a healthy bread machine recipe to share?

Thanks!

RE: Healthy Rye or Sour Dough Bread
Posted Tuesday, January 17, 2012 at 3:32 PM

I can't eat bread, but when I did, I really enjoyed Ezekial breads. Most are kept frozen.

Best wishes

Always offer kindness and a soft word to the beings around you; You do not know their journey. Your words can be the hug they need or the shove that breaks them.

Posted Tuesday, January 17, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Oceandog wrote:

I can't eat bread, but when I did, I really enjoyed Ezekial breads. Most are kept frozen.

Best wishes

Why can't you eat bread? Or is it your own self-imposed rule? I so love bread, it is definitely one of my downfalls. I have started buying Rudi's (Vegan and Organic) Sandwich Flatz and love them.

Posted Tuesday, January 17, 2012 at 4:48 PM

mellah124 wrote:

Oceandog wrote:

Best wishes

Why can't you eat bread? Or is it your own self-imposed rule? I so love bread, it is definitely one of my downfalls. I have started buying Rudi's (Vegan and Organic) Sandwich Flatz and love them.

Not a "self-imposed rule" - I believe Oceandog has gluten issues.

--Deb R

Posted Tuesday, January 17, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Yes, Deb, you are correct. I have Celiac Disease and bread and gluten content does terrible things to me. Sis has it also.

My daughter, did I mention how wonderful she is lately? Smile, buys loaf of vegan, gluten-free millet bread for me each time I visit, so I came home with 2 loaves this time and what a treat that will be! Yummm

Always offer kindness and a soft word to the beings around you; You do not know their journey. Your words can be the hug they need or the shove that breaks them.

Edited 01/17/12 5:57 PM

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 648 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org