21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: Main Kickstart Forum: New to forum
Created on: 12/30/12 12:40 PM Views: 574 Replies: 1
New to forum
Posted Sunday, December 30, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Hello, I am new to the forum, but not new to being a vegan. I have been flirting with it since Oct of this year. I am hoping the kickstart will help me stick with it. I am very excited about staying on this journey of improving my health conditions via diet and exercise. I have been living with heart disease,pulmonary hypertension and young onset parkinson disease. I have done a lot of research on diet and disease,so I am very aware that each one of these diseases is directly affected by what I choose to put in my mouth. It's just that it can be very difficult to overcome old habits and what you have been told all your life about what is a proper diet. Up until this year I always thought I had a healthy diet. Happy New Year everyone and much success on our journey to veganism.

RE: New to forum
Posted Sunday, December 30, 2012 at 7:32 PM

haveaheart wrote:

Hello, I am new to the forum, but not new to being a vegan. I have been flirting with it since Oct of this year. I am hoping the kickstart will help me stick with it. I am very excited about staying on this journey of improving my health conditions via diet and exercise. I have been living with heart disease,pulmonary hypertension and young onset parkinson disease. I have done a lot of research on diet and disease,so I am very aware that each one of these diseases is directly affected by what I choose to put in my mouth. It's just that it can be very difficult to overcome old habits and what you have been told all your life about what is a proper diet. Up until this year I always thought I had a healthy diet. Happy New Year everyone and much success on our journey to veganism.

Hi haveaheart,

And welcome! With a name like that and the great attitude you have, I know you'll be successful. It sounds like you have many specific challenges which can really help you also make some very specific goals!

Old habits will be overcome - we just need to decide what we want, why we want it, and then practice small behaviors that add up to big results. You are so smart to join the Kickstart team!

Lani

join me on facebook

Lani Muelrath, M.A. CGFI, CPBN
Fit Quickies: The Plant-Based Fitness Book

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 268 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org