So excited and already started!
Posted Sunday, December 30, 2012 at 4:39 PM

I decided to start the day after christmas because i was feeling really in need to get rid of all the junk in my system that i'd been eating over the holiday period.
Well it is not even yet a week and already i've lost 1kg (2.2 pounds) and i'm feeling great.

I've been reading lots of stuff about veganism and watching videos online for different recipes. I'm a really keen cook and i'm really enjoying learning a new cuisine and how to subsitute things for eggs etc.
I'd discovered homemade sunflower milk tastes great and at least for me with what i have available in stores is the cheapest to make. The left over solids i mix in some spices and lemon juice and then i have a good spread to put on toast or sandwiches as well.

Oh and i tried a pasta sauce recipe the other day from John McDougall which is just silken tofu blended with basil (i added some salt, pepper and nutmeg as well). OMG it is AMAZING!!!!!

I've also made the great discovery that egg free fresh pasta that i make with my pasta machine is so less sticky and easy to make and tastes just as good as when i used to do it with eggs!

I definitely think i could stick to this. Unfortunately i have a few events coming up (after the 21 day challenge plus the extra time i got by starting early) that i won't be able to get vegan and this includes a trip to Europe. Well i probably could eat vegan in europe but i would feel so deprived and feel like i was missing out on the cultural experience.
So the plan is eat this way for the 21 day challenge. Provided i continue to feel this great and continue losing weight then i'll get back to this permanently after my Europe trip (and hopefully loose any weight i gain on the trip!).

If anyone is about to start in January you're going to love it! It is wonderful something like this is free too. Thank you so much!