21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: January 2012 Kickstart Forum: Day 18 What RU eating?
Created on: 01/19/12 08:11 AM Views: 720 Replies: 3
Day 18 What RU eating?
Posted Thursday, January 19, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Hi

bb-before b-fast slice of toast w/coffee. cause i hear coffee by itself isn't good for the linings. then workout then breakfast

b- cereal

l-mushroom soup

d-last night dinner left over.. i had a small amount of brocc & a small amount of culliflower in the fridge.. wondering what now??? pizza is always easy..but the toppings fall off cause of lack of cheese... i guess unless you cut them up small? not crazy on the chickpea/hummus topping for pizza...

so i decided to make a stromboli. figured the toppings wouldn't fall out of little sandwiches. i made a whole wheat pizza crust, rolled it out thin.. slathered non-fat vegetarian refried beans,**a package of frozen chopped spinach** put on the crisp tender brocc & cullif.. closed it up, sprinkled garlic over the top and baked it at 425.
it was yummy.. dip it in tomato sauce ... now we both have at least one lunch and maybe even dinner too.

--update-- sorry i realized i forgot to put the spinach in there...

Edited 01/19/12 8:42 AM
RE: Day 18 What RU eating?
Posted Thursday, January 19, 2012 at 8:32 AM

b: usual
l: leftover chili
d: leftover winter veg soup
s: assorted fruit

Hubby has a Pampered Chef party to do tonight so dinner is just going to be grabbing whatever is in the fridge and heading out the door.

The soup was a big hit at the fellowship supper last night at church. Paired with a couple loaves of really nice fresh bread, no one even thought about the fact that it was a vegan meal (Okay, at least vegetarian for those that buttered their bread with the garlic butter spread we had out) Very Happy

--Deb R

Posted Thursday, January 19, 2012 at 9:56 AM

B- Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal, banana, apple and tea
L- roasted broccoli and brussels sprouts
D- maybe a kale salad

I made my mom grilled yuca tortillas last night. Vegan Quesadillas! She loved them and said she could be vegan if she ate these all the time. I'm sharing all my creations with her so maybe she'll switch over in due time. I tell her the ingredients, after she eats it. If it tastes good, the why know whats in it? right. She didn't even miss the cheese in the tortilla and they looked like quesadillas which helped.

Edited 01/19/12 1:22 PM
Posted Thursday, January 19, 2012 at 11:50 AM

B - two flax pita breads with lemon hummus on them

S - small salad (lettuce, red pepper, carrots, broccoli with lite lime vinegairette)

L - leftover curried potato, lentils and peas stew over a baked potato. Salad (same as above just a little bigger.)

S - Apple and couple Whole grain crackers

D - Leek, Spinach, kale, potato soup with whole grain homemade croutons

Feel like I'm doing well, have more energy, more spring in my step, kind of craving potatoes today. I think because its cold outside. LOL!

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 499 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org