21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1 2   Next Page

Forums: January 2012 Kickstart Forum: Finger cracks
Created on: 01/19/12 08:37 AM Views: 6185 Replies: 26
Finger cracks
Posted Thursday, January 19, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Is anyone else getting cracks at the corner of their fingers? My husband and I are both experiencing this.We live in Colorado and it is dry to begin with. We wondered if it wasn't the lack of fat.

Will this forum still be available after the kickstart is over?

RE: Finger cracks
Posted Thursday, January 19, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Sorry - I dont know anything about finger cracks but for your second question - yes- this forum is open and available after the kickstart. Its not usually as active (not as many posts as during the kickstart) but a few of us check in and continue to use it. I believe Susan and Lani also check in and are still avaialbe to answer questions than may come up. Very Happy

Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food - Hippocrates.

Edited 01/19/12 8:26 PM
Posted Thursday, January 19, 2012 at 9:02 PM

I don't have issues with cracking fingers, but when I have visited Colorado ALL my skin felt like it was going to crack. Lips did crack. I highly recommend shea butter. Not to eat, but to use on the dry skin. I swear by it. It's thick enough to go on good, but sinks in nicely so it doesn't leave a gooey, greasy feel.(as long as you don't use too much) I take it with me whenever I travel to dryer climates. We go to Arizona fairly frequently and I don't think I would survive without my shea butter. Pure shea butter, not a cream that has shea butter in it. Just plain, unscented, pure shea butter. To try it is to love it.

Vikki ~

Posted Thursday, January 19, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Do you know where to get pure shea butter?

Posted Thursday, January 19, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Bath and Body Works has one in their True Blue Spa collection called Too Shea. There are other companies that make it, that one is just easy to find since those stores are in most malls. You can also order it on line. On sale right now, buy 2, get 2 free. It lasts a long time, so maybe get a friend to split it with you.

http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11161011

Vikki ~

Posted Thursday, January 19, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Thank you!

Posted Thursday, January 19, 2012 at 10:37 PM

I do know a bit about cracked tips of the fingers. My sister and I both have trouble with it, but it started after a diagnosis of Celiac. Our skin just seemed to dry up and be miserable. I used to have quite smooth, soft skin. Now it is more like canvas! haha Not wonderful, but it seems to still work well keeping all the insides inside.

I have used coconut oil on my skin, that seems to work well. If you are not over worried about nonnatural ingredients, then Eucerin cream works well. I don't use it anymore but it did a great job years ago.

Always offer kindness and a soft word to the beings around you; You do not know their journey. Your words can be the hug they need or the shove that breaks them.

Posted Friday, January 20, 2012 at 7:38 AM

my honey has had problems with finger cracks.. they split & hurt..but he has always had them ...years and years before a plant based diet.

i did a little... then i got mine to go away..by not EVER washing my hands in cold water. I used to not want to wait for the warm to come thru.

honey is a guy.. he can't duck tape them together so he puts super glue on em. (i know..but he is an adult..sigh.. Rolling Eyes )

Posted Sunday, January 22, 2012 at 8:17 AM

I have this off and on. I use BagBalm in a green can.....used on cows udders. Purchased at a feed and grain store but also sold in Quilt shops. Yes, I am a quilter. It really works well. I slather it on before bed and put cotton gloves on to sleep in. You don't need to use it all the time....just when you develop the cracks. If I find I will be home all day, I will use latex (medical) gloves so I can continue whatever I need to do.
Good luck

I have this off and on. I use BagBalm in a green can.....used on cows udders. Purchased at a feed and grain store but also sold in Quilt shops. Yes, I am a quilter. It really works well. I slather it on before bed and put cotton gloves on to sleep in. You don't need to use it all the time....just when you develop the cracks. If I find I will be home all day, I will use latex (medical) gloves so I can continue whatever I need to do.
Good luck

Good luck

Good luck

Posted Sunday, January 22, 2012 at 8:21 AM

So sorry. Don't know what I did.

Posted Sunday, January 22, 2012 at 8:52 AM

just had to reply to cch22... my husband was a Honey too. Our oldest granddaughter named him because that is what we called each other. Sadly he is gone now a victim of a drunk driver 3 years ago. Reading your note about your Honey made my day.

just had to reply to cch22... my husband was a Honey too. Our oldest granddaughter named him because that is what we called each other. Sadly he is gone now a victim of a drunk driver 3 years ago. Reading your note about your Honey made my day.

Posted Sunday, January 22, 2012 at 8:53 AM

just had to reply to cch22... my husband was a Honey too. Our oldest granddaughter named him because that is what we called each other. Sadly he is gone now a victim of a drunk driver 3 years ago. Reading your note about your Honey made my day. Cool

Posted Sunday, January 22, 2012 at 9:07 AM

I had forgotten about bag balm. Used to use it on my dry heels. Slather it on, put on socks and go to bed. 2 nights and they would be totally healed. Since I don't work on my feet anymore I haven't had that problem in a long time.

Vikki ~

Posted Sunday, January 22, 2012 at 9:12 AM

sorry about the multiple replies...not accustomed to this system Embarassed

Posted Sunday, January 22, 2012 at 10:44 AM

@sandy b.. glad i could make your day.. nice to share.. that is really terrible about your honey... you will be glad to know my family doesn't drink & drive or text and drive...
actually we try to watch distracted driving in all forms..

btw.. he just said the super glue works good.. lol Confused

Edited 01/22/12 10:45 AM

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1 2   Next Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 438 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org