21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: Main Kickstart Forum: Nutrtional Values of Menu Items
Created on: 01/01/13 09:28 AM Views: 721 Replies: 3
Nutrtional Values of Menu Items
Posted Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Nutritional Values of recipes...
Am curious as to where to find the nutritional values of the recipes on the kick-start menu plan. Do they have calorie counts PER serving size and is the serving size specified. It does me no good to prepare a stew when the calorie count says ## calories per serving and THEN doesn't give you the serving size.

RE: Nutrtional Values of Menu Items
Posted Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 3:28 PM

You may be referring to Day 1's oatmeal recipe. The nutrition facts should say for one cup cooked (sorry about that!). Most other recipes should state "per serving," and then you can see how many servings a recipe makes near the recipe's title.

In general, our plan is not based on calorie counting or portion control We suggest eating until you are satisfied. These recipes are all low in fat and high in fiber - so eating until you feel satisfied is encouraged!

Susan Levin, MS, RD
PCRM Director of Nutrition Education

Posted Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Thanks...if you are following a calorie specific diet in order to lose weight, the caloric values of your foods/recipes are extremely important. For instance, I am following diet plan calling for a specific caloric intake...so it is important to me to have some idea of the calories I am ingesting with each of the selections on you menu, along with serving size.

Edited 01/01/13 4:35 PM
Posted Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 9:03 AM

My apologies!! I found all the nutritional values on the expanded pages with the recipes. I had originally printed out ONLY the daily menus. Now I have the information I need, for the most part. Thanks.

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 115 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org