21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: Main Kickstart Forum: Is it OK to eat nuts, seeds for the Kickstart?
Created on: 01/01/13 09:46 AM Views: 940 Replies: 4
Is it OK to eat nuts, seeds for the Kickstart?
Posted Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Hi,
I've been vegan (with a few exceptions) for a few years now. Have lost a bit more than 50 lbs but have been stuck at present weight for a few years and am not lossing as I wish. Put this down to nut consumption and lately peanut butter, not the best exercizer.

Have heard that a 1/4 cup nuts/seeds a day is OK and useful because of the omegas. Or should I cut out nuts for the next 21 days?

Thank you.

RE: Is it OK to eat nuts, seeds for the Kickstart?
Posted Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 12:38 PM

I can honestly say that nuts, nutbutters, any fats keep me from losing. If you are stuck, and you have the discipline to stay away for 21 days, I would do it, and see if it might help you move along in your weight goals!

Always offer kindness and a soft word to the beings around you; You do not know their journey. Your words can be the hug they need or the shove that breaks them.

Posted Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 1:47 PM

ya wrote:

Hi,
I've been vegan (with a few exceptions) for a few years now. Have lost a bit more than 50 lbs but have been stuck at present weight for a few years and am not lossing as I wish. Put this down to nut consumption and lately peanut butter, not the best exercizer.

Have heard that a 1/4 cup nuts/seeds a day is OK and useful because of the omegas. Or should I cut out nuts for the next 21 days?

Thank you.

Ya,

I'm with Oceandog on this one - that's just my body. I could eat peanut sauce or tahini sauce on my starchies and veggies every day but before long it would show up on my body - and it's the first place to look if I need to lose a little fluff.

And 1/4 cup is quite calorific. You might try first thing in terms of 1 - 2 Tablespoons a day, which would more than cut your consumption in half. Nuts are very calorie concentrated.

Lani

facebook

Lani Muelrath, M.A. CGFI, CPBN
Fit Quickies: The Plant-Based Fitness Book

Posted Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Hi,

Thanks for your answers!

Posted Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 5:16 PM

ya wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for your answers!

Very Happy

Lani

Lani Muelrath, M.A. CGFI, CPBN
Fit Quickies: The Plant-Based Fitness Book

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 198 active user sessions right now.
Registered Users Online: irmaeh

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org