21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: January 2012 Kickstart Forum: Hormones
Created on: 01/19/12 12:24 PM Views: 715 Replies: 2
Hormones
Posted Thursday, January 19, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Hi, I started eating healthier Jan 2, I have been learning more things and implementing changes since I didn't start the kickstart until a couple days ago. At any rate, I saw my new doctor since I just moved. I'm perimenopausal with low libido, hot flashes and dryness. She put me on a low dose of prempro 2.5mg and a cream premarin .0625 mg. My question: Is this dangerous?

RE: Hormones
Posted Thursday, January 19, 2012 at 12:46 PM

borekwa40 wrote:

Hi, I started eating healthier Jan 2, I have been learning more things and implementing changes since I didn't start the kickstart until a couple days ago. At any rate, I saw my new doctor since I just moved. I'm perimenopausal with low libido, hot flashes and dryness. She put me on a low dose of prempro 2.5mg and a cream premarin .0625 mg. My question: Is this dangerous?

"Dangerous" is so relative - for example, a healthy, non-smoker, 20 yr old female can probably safely use oral contraceptives for a couple years without much problem. A 55 yr old female who smokes and has a family history of cardiovascular issues and is on meds for hypertension already would probably NOT want to do the same.

Have you discussed the pros and cons with your physician at all? Done any reading on the products (every prescription comes with (or should, I've never gotten an Rx without one) a package insert and a pharmacy slip both giving information on what the medication is, what it does, what the normal use is for it, what the side effects may be and how often they might occur, which ones are "see doctor immediately" and which are usually temporary and ease off within a short time?

--Deb R

RE: Hormones
Posted Thursday, January 19, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Thanks, I'll check it up.

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 388 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org